Sponsored by:

Track day at The Ridge

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 11:08 AM
edgy
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
i dont do polygamy, i just dump one and pick up another. only one at a time.

That call man whoring
Old 05-30-2014, 03:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,759 Likes on 2,360 Posts

^ i am fine with that. do i get paid?
Old 06-01-2014, 08:45 PM
curtsm
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinesis 996
How do you compare your 6gt3 and 7gt3 on the track? Purely on the fun and satisfying factor
This is a great question, the difficulty is it's like asking a parent which is their favorite child.

Shay (my wife) and I trade back and forth during track days so we get time in both cars all the time. In terms of comparison on the "fun and satisfying factor", it's the same amount of fun and satisfaction in both cars, but they cars are different.

In terms of what feels the most different, the first big difference is the 996 GT3 has a better suspension than the RS. New springs, JRZ RS Pro dampers, Tarett Engineering monoballs, bushings, tie rods, control arms, etc have transformed the car's handling. It's responsive and fun in the corners. The RS has all the Tarett bits, but has the stock PASM and springs. It feels a little nervous in the corners, needs stiffer springs and less rebound compression.

The RS is faster with more horsepower and lower gearing. The RS is loud. It has a GMG center-muffler delete exhaust, but it's really a megaphone. Fast and loud is a HOOT.

Those are the two big differences. They are both great 911's and it's easy to go from car to car since the DNA is so close.

- curt
Old 06-01-2014, 08:49 PM
curtsm
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IanM
Beautiful car! Love the wheels. Looks like we're running similar laptimes - 1:54.6 w/ Nitto's. I really like the Ridge, need to get back there this season. Was it the Metropolitan Detail day? I'm on the invite list, just need to get out to some events!
Yes, it was the Metropolitan Detail day. We also went to the PCA DE day on Thursday so this was a good week in terms of fun-factor!

I really like the BBS one-piece wheels, too. Got those 10 years ago and they've held up well.

- curt
Old 06-06-2014, 12:11 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a BMW or PCA event coming up soon there? I would love to try it out!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:00 AM
JGB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Charlie,
There is a PCA event next Friday, 13th there is lots of space available as of this am. The only problem for you is that the region, PNW, requires any newcomer attend a ground school which for this date was on Wednesday. PM me and I'll pass on contact info, as you might get a local Vancouver instructor to do it for you.
There is a Hooked on Driving day on the 12 th (I think has space in some groups) and a Turn 2 Lapping day on the 14 th(full with a big waiting list). Turn 2 does the most days at the Ridge.
I'm doing the 12th and 13th.
Jim
Old 06-06-2014, 02:08 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Originally Posted by JGB
Hi Charlie,
There is a PCA event next Friday, 13th there is lots of space available as of this am. The only problem for you is that the region, PNW, requires any newcomer attend a ground school which for this date was on Wednesday. PM me and I'll pass on contact info, as you might get a local Vancouver instructor to do it for you.
There is a Hooked on Driving day on the 12 th (I think has space in some groups) and a Turn 2 Lapping day on the 14 th(full with a big waiting list). Turn 2 does the most days at the Ridge.
I'm doing the 12th and 13th.
Jim
Thanks, Jim. PM on its way.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:06 PM
curtsm
Rennlist Member

Hi Charlie, If you haven't driven with the PCA PNW Region you might also try sending mail to the DE Registrar at depnwr@gmail.com, tell them about your experience and ask if they could waive the ground school requirement. For experienced drivers who are out of region, coming to Seattle for the ground school can be a hassle. - curt

Last edited by curtsm; 06-07-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:12 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Thanks, Curt. I just sent an email.

I appreciate the responses!

Originally Posted by curtsm
Hi Charlie,

If you haven't driven with the PCA PNWR Region you might also try sending mail to the DE Registrar at depnwr@gmail.com, tell them about your experience and ask if they could waive the ground school requirement.

For experienced drivers who are out of region, coming to Seattle for the ground school can be a hassle.

- curt
Old 06-06-2014, 06:25 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Good picture.
Nice car.
Well appointed track car.
Proper wheels.
Lucky to have pretty wife sharing track experience.
Sharp jacket.
Things are going good.

Originally Posted by curtsm
I had a great day with Shay at the track. We were at The Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, WA today at an event with no run groups and open lapping all day. So much fun!

As I'm posting this, I realize that it's been almost 10-1/2 years of owning the GT3. Nearly 41,000 low-track miles.

- curt
Old 06-06-2014, 07:04 PM
curtsm
Rennlist Member

You could say "good".

Although, think "extreme understatement".

Originally Posted by DHI
Things are going good.
- curt
Old 06-07-2014, 12:33 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Jim and Curt, thanks for the help! Just put my registration in -- if all goes well, I'll see you on the 13th!

I can't wait, this looks like a beautiful track.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:03 PM
curtsm
Rennlist Member

Hi Charlie, Glad you're in! Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this event, hope to see you another time. Yes, it is a very pretty track.
Originally Posted by pontifex4
Jim and Curt, thanks for the help! Just put my registration in -- if all goes well, I'll see you on the 13th! I can't wait, this looks like a beautiful track.
- curt

Last edited by curtsm; 06-07-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:54 AM
Kinesis 996
Racer

Is there another PCA event during late June till mid July? I am flying over from Asia and want to give this track a try.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:01 PM
JGB
Instructor

^^^^
There is a PCA day on July 10th
http://www.pnwr.org/Track/driver_ed/default.asp

There are other non club organizations that run there a lot, mainly Turn 2 Lapping and Hooked on Driving.

Here is the track July schedule
http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/events/2014-07/

Jim

Quick Reply: Track day at The Ridge