Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many HC do you get out of your R6s?

Old 05-22-2014, 05:04 PM
JJE997.2RS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you breaking them in?

Makes a huge difference in terms of life.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:19 PM
RedRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JJE997.2RS
Are you breaking them in? Makes a huge difference in terms of life.
If you are referring to the practice of running one heat cycle then up mounting and letting them sit on their side for a week, then I agree that it should improve longevity. I used to be much more religious about doing this on my RSA, then started getting lazy. Time to try again and see how it works on the GT3!
Old 05-22-2014, 10:15 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mkk62
Mike. West coast pressures must be different.

Maybe on bumpier tracks pressures need to be lower cause hoohoos drive like grease that high at Sebring. I've tried it several times at higher temps felt like rally driving. A bunch of fast gt3 drivers find the same here

33 hot. My pyro reading great and good grip.

Mk
Slight hijack here, but we had a little conversation over on the 993 Forum yesterday about many, many Hoosier failures at Sebring. I queried our experts here about what/any problems we've been seeing out here (same guys Mooty mentions above, one guy being a NASA National Champ last year)....and word comes back that it's all about running a high enough pressure. I get Sebring is almost like off roading.

Back to our OP. I ran Chuckwalla CCW two months ago instructing with BMWCCA. Best I could do was 2:04 with the Turbo on RE11s. Felt like I was 10+ seconds off pace. Never could find a decent time for a benchmark.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many HC do you get out of your R6s?