996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUF RGT comes into Shark Werks...

Old 12-05-2016, 02:49 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Old thread I came across..... Neat project and love those wide body like flares. A real shame there are not reasonable wide body options for the 997 cars on the market. Not a fan of the liberty walk pricing nor style... RWB only available for the air cooled gen cars and albeit too wide for my taste. I think if someone came out with anything that resembled the champion motorsports RSR wide body like look (even with rivets) they would sell many....

anyway, great RUF project here, sell done and unique car...
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2016, 05:08 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Old thread I came across..... Neat project and love those wide body like flares. A real shame there are not reasonable wide body options for the 997 cars on the market. Not a fan of the liberty walk pricing nor style... RWB only available for the air cooled gen cars and albeit too wide for my taste. I think if someone came out with anything that resembled the champion motorsports RSR wide body like look (even with rivets) they would sell many....

anyway, great RUF project here, sell done and unique car...
Totally agree^

Had this conversation with a couple of Porsche people in Germany in October.
Would love to see the 991gt2rs have really wide arches and hips.
Looking at the mules it won't happen. The 993gt2 is still my favorite car when it comes to proportion.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:10 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

old thread.... but regards to the wide body 997 RUF fender flares on this RGT. The car just doesn.t seem all that wide with these flares. Wider in person maybe or somewhat more subtle? Yes we now live in a world with wide RWB cars but just saying in general... curious your input on this sharkwerks.

thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RUF RGT comes into Shark Werks...