Sponsored by:

Strangely Not Caring

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 11:38 PM
Carpyourdiem
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strangely Not Caring

Skimmed but didn't buy the latest Supercar shootout...R&T I think...because everything is paddle-shifted and yaw-controlled with TC. Lap times come down to electronic nanny tuning.
Sure, the risk is still there, but it's much more likely that you'll simply miss an apex as the brakes are applied for you as the car loses grip...rather than actually put the car off the track or impress anyone with any skills of any type.
I have first-hand experience in several of these Supercars. My wife owns one. She has encouraged me to look at new stuff, like the latest Corvette...but could I respect myself while tracking a paddle-shifted, yaw-controlled TC-equipped car? Would I be another driver with the bs comment of, "I drive with my TC off," knowing that all 996 drivers will be laughing at me as my car never gets out of line, ever? Hmmm...may never buy a new sporty car again.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:51 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

I agree with you.Currently I am not interested in the TC, paddle shifted, yaw controlled cars. I had a 997.1 RS and did not like the nannies lurking, even with the nannies off.

I went back to my 6GT3 and am very happy with it. I figure that I just have to learn to drive better to keep up with the "nannies" in front of me. I must admit though that it is easier to keep up with the "nannies" on Pilot Sport Cups than the "nannies" on slicks.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:14 PM
PCA7GGR
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Gentlemen, I agree. But today I am going to look at '12 C63 that has a 7 speed slush box.

I just love my 6GT4 but my wife says it rides like a Flintstones car (she's felt that way about all the Porsche I've had over the past 30+ years except the Cayman S I sold to get the GT3). So I'm getting a German pocket panzer with a decent ride and slush box for our longer trips that she will like to ride in as we'll as drive. Plus I can also enjoy it too.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:43 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Well... in the USA we have so many choices in used cars, no need to compromise on the new models if they don't meet ones requirements (driver involvement).

Vote with your wallet!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:54 PM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA7GGR
Gentlemen, I agree. But today I am going to look at '12 C63 that has a 7 speed slush box.

I just love my 6GT4 but my wife says it rides like a Flintstones car (she's felt that way about all the Porsche I've had over the past 30+ years except the Cayman S I sold to get the GT3). So I'm getting a German pocket panzer with a decent ride and slush box for our longer trips that she will like to ride in as we'll as drive. Plus I can also enjoy it too.

Tell her I'll give her a ride in a REAL TRUCK and she'll change her tune about the 6GT.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:56 PM
PCA7GGR
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

sithot,

I'm usually in enough trouble by myself without outside help. You giving her a ride in a real truck will only **** her off more than she usually is.

"Honey, you know I would have done (bought) it if I had know you'd get so pissed."
Old 01-25-2014, 12:56 AM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 122 Posts

A friend who collects guitars used to tell me he'd bring 2 home at a time. His wife would get really angry. He'd defuse the situation by taking one back.

BTW: They got divorced.

Quick Reply: Strangely Not Caring