Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3G Motorsports in Greensboro, any opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 01:44 PM
pill pusher
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3G Motorsports in Greensboro, any opinions?

Looking for an alignment, etc.

Thanks-
Old 09-05-2012, 09:14 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Wouldn't trust them with any of my cars. At one point in time they (i.e., Greg Jones the owner) was the best at what they do. I would trust Greg with my life every time on track and sent every friend I could to him knowing how brilliant he was......and that is a recommendation I could give without hesitation. I, and several other local triangle guys built a long relationship with him over the years and spent a good solid 6 figures with him year in and year out........that is until it all went downhill. Greg is very good at what he does but he has no idea if he wants to run a shop or to be a pro engineer (formerly with Stevenson and now with TRG). He screwed me and practically every one of the guys I sent his way destroying every relationship he made along the way. As long as you can tolerate the lying, excuses, unreturned phone calls, missed deadlines, incomplete builds, etc, etc, etc, then it's a great shop.

It's a shame though as I also considered Greg a close personal friend that extended to our families and more than just track activities. In the end, you can only give a guy so many chances before you finally stop making excuses for him and move on.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 PM
pill pusher
Instructor

Dang, I appreciate the honest feedback. I was planning to give them a shot with an alignment. I think I will sleep on it;-) I was curious as I found some old threads they were mentioned in then crickets, thus the reason for my post and confirmation of a suspicion....

Thanks Dell~
Old 09-05-2012, 09:38 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Very welcome.

Trust me, it pains me to say those things but honesty is what we need when trusting our cars and life to a shop.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Derek@TRG
Former Vendor

Greg is now with Brumos, since March of this year.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:29 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Derek, thanks for the update. I won't even speculate why he's now with another team

Come to think of it, I was wondering where he has been since I haven't seen him on the TRG box for some time.

Quick Reply: 3G Motorsports in Greensboro, any opinions?