GT3 is sold... already regretting it

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 10:02 AM
joeycannoli
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GT3 is sold... already regretting it

Hey all,

Some of you had probably noticed that i had my GT3 up for sale for a couple of weeks. I really didn't expect to sell it until spring rolled around. A fellow Rennlister contacted me and we exchanged messages back and forth for a couple of days. Didn't think much of it at the time but about a week later he emailed saying he was ready to buy if we could work out a deal. A little bit of negotiating and I had a wire transfer in my account that day.

This was my first p-car and i absolutely loved it. I never got a chance to get her on the track but i did have some great times with it on the street. By far one of the best cars i have ever driven. It never failed to put a smile on my face. Unfortunately, I will be moving in a couple of months which had prompted me to put it for sale. I am moving to the city where i would have anxiety worrying about the car all of the time. It would surely be better off with another enthusiast.

The buyer is having her shipped out to CA and arranged with Intercity Lines to have it transported early next week. I popped in the garage and lifted the cover off her last night and was upset that she was leaving. The thought of if i made the right choice definitely has been going through my head lately, but in the end this will not be my last GT3. I will surely be back at one point in the future to pick up where i have left off.

I just wanted to take the time now to thank all of you for welcoming me into the community and making me feel at home. I appreciate all of your recommendations, help and advice that you have given me in the past. I hope to be back soon!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:16 AM
964C4
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Soon you will be back !

You are leaving now the 996 GT3 community, but I am joining in !

Sold my 997.2 C4S PDK 8 months ago (boring !) and 3 weeks ago I got myself a black 996 GT3, with a bit less than 6K miles, perfect condition -- I was told this is the best, most fun (not the fastest) GT3, so I hope to fall in love with her soon !!!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:28 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I can certainly feel your pain
Old 02-03-2012, 11:38 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

GT3 is sold... already regretting it
What did you expect? At least, since you haven't had a chance to go to the track, you won't quite miss it as much.

Originally Posted by 964C4
Soon you will be back !

You are leaving now the 996 GT3 community, but I am joining in !

Sold my 997.2 C4S PDK 8 months ago (boring !) and 3 weeks ago I got myself a black 996 GT3, with a bit less than 6K miles, perfect condition -- I was told this is the best, most fun (not the fastest) GT3, so I hope to fall in love with her soon !!!
Congratulations. Funnest for sure
Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by FFaust
What did you expect? At least, since you haven't had a chance to go to the track, you won't quite miss it as much.
Agreed. You think the pain of losing is great right now? Be glad you didn't take it to the track as well. We'd have to talk you back off the ledge!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:19 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 325 Posts

similar situation. I actually did some track days with my 997TT in the fall with a pro driver as a paid coach. I realized as much fun as the car was on the street, it wasn't a great track car.

I also realized that the car wasn't also as much fun on the street as it used to be. I took a gigantic leap and bought a dedicated track car, trailer, and tow vehicle all in the past couple of weeks!

Was undecided on whether I would sell the turbo or not and posted on 6speed that i was thinking of selling it. was contacted by someone who came by that day to look at the car. he had a bank check with him and took the car that night.

This was a few weeks ago and I also miss the car. Especially since the track car is still in CA. Hoping I did the right thing.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LVDell
Agreed. You think the pain of losing is great right now? Be glad you didn't take it to the track as well. We'd have to talk you back off the ledge!
And you should know

Originally Posted by E55AMG
similar situation. I actually did some track days with my 997TT in the fall with a pro driver as a paid coach. I realized as much fun as the car was on the street, it wasn't a great track car.

I also realized that the car wasn't also as much fun on the street as it used to be. I took a gigantic leap and bought a dedicated track car, trailer, and tow vehicle all in the past couple of weeks!

Was undecided on whether I would sell the turbo or not and posted on 6speed that i was thinking of selling it. was contacted by someone who came by that day to look at the car. he had a bank check with him and took the car that night.

This was a few weeks ago and I also miss the car. Especially since the track car is still in CA. Hoping I did the right thing.
So, what did you get?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:50 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

And you should know

At least I got my prescription finally filled. Not sure what I was thinking getting off my GT3 meds
Old 02-03-2012, 10:01 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

And you should know

So, what did you get?
I bought Geoff Escalette's (RSS Tuning) '04 996 "koni" car. X-51 engine, JRZ suspension, full cage, AIM dash plus a bunch of other nice parts, and only 1,700 miles on the car.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Ouch, and you're in NY, in winter, and have to wait for A) the car to arrive, and B) Spring to arrive.

Sucks to be you

Congratulations
Old 02-03-2012, 10:29 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Ouch, and you're in NY, in winter, and have to wait for A) the car to arrive, and B) Spring to arrive.

Sucks to be you

Congratulations
Hey it was 64 degrees yesterday The car should leave CA next Fri and it's maiden voyage will be March 3 at VIR. It'll probably snow.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Sold my 2011 GT3 last October and really missed it when I went to Chin DE events at VIR and Road Atlanta with my Boxster Spyder. A very nice 996 Cup should be mine later next week, that should take care of my withdrawal issue.

Quick Reply: GT3 is sold... already regretting it