Sponsored by:

WTB: 996 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 02:35 PM
MUnitedGT
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by turbroe
Tough to find a 996 GT3 that has not been bent. I looked for a while and gave up as I saw example after example (all low mileage) that had taken a track/road hit. Be careful on the seach and definately paint-meter all panels, etc. Best of luck. The hunt is half the fun.
Thanks for the advice! I've honestly never thought of paint metering. I suppose you're right though because damage may not be recorded if sustained at the tracked and repaired. But I would hope most sellers would disclose such.

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
my .02, stick to your guns on colors.

It was Red or Yellow only for me from the get go. Well it would have been white if my wife didn't have a say but gotta keep the better half happy and she said no more white cars. I was totaly OK with red or yellow though.

I was tempted with alot of great black cars that came on the market while I was looking, I even came VERY VERY close to closing the deal on one of them because it was such a great deal but in the end I'm glad I held out for one of the color's on my list.
I appreciate the moral support. I tend to be stubborn about sticking to my guns especially if I think I may have any regret. And you're absolutely right...there are alot of great deals on black right now. I just want to hold out a little longer for choice number one. Also...yellow keeps sneaking a foot into my options mostly because its one of my alma mater colors and I think it be nice to show support....though I also think that's not enough reason for me to choose a color I do not prefer.

Originally Posted by naroescape
^^agree. Don't settle, the right car is out there. I was actually surprised how fast we found ours and we were being very specific. The only thing I would have asked for more than ours has is full leather.
Thanks, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised how fast I find mine

Quick Reply: WTB: 996 GT3