Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Year End Maintenance Completed; Brakes, Tranny, Oil, Pics, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 11:32 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2011 Year End Maintenance Completed; Brakes, Tranny, Oil, Pics, etc.

I had my dealer complete all of this work. The dust seals had a Porsche part number for each kit, but there was a branded piece of Brembo documentation in each little ziplock baggie.

My calendar year usually consists of 5-6 DEs and small weekend trips to coffee and whatnot. Maybe 2500mi/yr.
  1. Oil and filter change with 5.50 (annual)
  2. Transmission fluid change with factory fluid (annual)
  3. Fluid flush with SRF (annual)
  4. Front and real caliper dust seal replacement
  5. Front and rear stainless steel brake line replacement (note: the lines are in fact the same length, front & rear)
At my last tech inspection, I asked about caliper rebuilds, and was told if the dust seals are kept in good shape, they are the first line of defense against needing a rebuild, and mine were showing some minor signs of cracking, so figured after 7 years, and taking the temps up higher than usual on the track, I opted to have all these replaced vs. a complete rebuild. The tech did mention that I was the first person they'd seen to have their dust seals replaced. Of note: obviously the seals were installed at the factory before the calipers were painted...

The pedal does in fact feel a little more solid, but I attribute this to the 2L flush. I do mini-bleeds before each event, but this was a complete flush.

The tech mentioned that the amount of filings found on the tranny plug was acceptable and nothing to be concerned about; its a big maget and is designed specifically to remove this from the fluid; said something about its mostly the ring gear. I am pretty deliberate about my shifting both on street and track.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:59 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

As always, thanks for sharing Scott.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

I need to replace my dust seals too. The track hammers them!!

Quick Reply: 2011 Year End Maintenance Completed; Brakes, Tranny, Oil, Pics, etc.