Had a nightmare last night....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:20 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Default Had a nightmare last night....

.... brought my car into a shop for service and when I came back the car was totalled. A tech had taken it out on the street and ran out of talent. The entire right side of the car was destroyed as if he ran wide and crashed it along a K rail. The Fiske rims were all bent up and the wheels looked like they had positive camber and it was practically dragging on the ground. I should have woken up in a cold sweat right there and then, but......

Eventhough I've never driven one, it's funny how the subconscience mind works because I immediately thought of putting the insurance money toward a 3.8 GT3 RS if I could find the extra $$$. Didn't consider the 7.1 RS although I have driven the green Frog 3.9 RS Sharkworks 7.1 and thought it to be a great car.

I then woke up.

This afternoon, my GT3 is going to get the spa treatment with some good polish, carnuba wax, extra detailing inside and polish those rims up.

Moral of the story.... enjoy and take care of your GT3, you never know when it's going to be gone....
Old 09-19-2011, 10:04 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man - I'd have insomnia for weeks!!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:57 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Technically, it's the unconscious

And yeah, I've had that dream. I had a dream recently that my GT3 turned into a Turbo Did you wake up with your heart beating so hard you could feel it pounding your chest? You walk out to the garage and see her there and yet you still feel like the dream was so real. Time for some bonding
Old 09-20-2011, 09:32 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Technically, it's the unconscious

And yeah, I've had that dream. I had a dream recently that my GT3 turned into a Turbo Did you wake up with your heart beating so hard you could feel it pounding your chest? You walk out to the garage and see her there and yet you still feel like the dream was so real. Time for some bonding
Absolutely. Went for a long drive yesterday after I got off work. Love my GT3!!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:33 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Wish I could do the same. I'll have to wait until this weekend. After I finally got her all cleaned up and prepped for some fun runs the weather went to hell here. We had some cold front blow in from Canada and it got cold, damp, and rainy. Saturday will be sunny and 70's
Old 09-20-2011, 02:20 PM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Horrible story! I have had a few of those as well...

This summer, I had a similar problem. The local PCA club held a concours and it was sponsored by a local detailer. After years of doing my own work, i thought - what the hell, the PCA guys like them enough to take their money! I brought in my Speedster for a $250 detail, and showed them how the rear tonnaue top works (raise/lower to get the cab top on and off). Got the car back and they had stripped the latch system completely. I guess they couldn't figure out how to raise/lower, so just pushed as hard at they could... It has taken me almost 4 months to get the proper parts through PCNA and it is still not working right... This will be a winter project for sure.

Now I have the recurring dream that they destroyed the latch system - again! When I awake, I can't remember what actually happened, so run to the garage to check. Sure enough, it is real and I keep reliving the pain over and over again it in my sleep...

The best cure is driving the car. Nothing like a "fun run" to make the pain go away...

Best,
-B
Old 09-21-2011, 08:54 AM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

My version......

Trade in GT3 and my 540i M-Sport for a new GT-R. Keep on having this dream daily.....just can't get over the lack of an manual transmission in the GT-R and then I wake up.

Chet
Old 09-23-2011, 02:53 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

She cleans up real nice. The white patches in the RS wing are a reflection of the clouds in the sky..
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Had a nightmare last night....