Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joey's 996 GT3 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:59 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks; will definitely make that purchase. I was using Dell's lift and it still was a PITA wrenching on that plug
Old 04-26-2011, 10:36 AM
joeycannoli
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So i had some free time after work yesterday and the weather was decent so i pulled the GT3 out of the garage and installed these bad boys...

Don't mind the missing seat belt loops. They are currently at the paint ship getting done in Arctic Silver to match some of the interior components. Should have them by the end of the week. Obviously waiting to run the belts properly till the hoops are installed.

First impressions: I didn't get to take the car out yet but spent a little bit of time just sitting in the seats and I must say they are pretty comfortable for racing buckets. I absolutely love how you are planted in the seat with minimal side to side movement. Really excited to get the car on the road to give some further impressions on them.

On a side note I need a new battery. The original battery was still in the car when i bought it (6 year old car). When i had a PPI done the shop stated it had a lower charge and might need to be replaced soon. Well, sitting in the garage without a trickle this winter didnt help as she is completely dead. Need to pick up a new battery for it this week.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:53 PM
joeycannoli
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Threw in a new Duralast Battery this evening. Process is pretty simple and straight forward.

I went with the 48-DL: Cost was just over $100 (core return / tax included).

DIY Article on Battery Replacement

DIY is also here on Rennlist in the DIY Submission forum. Enjoy!

Last edited by joeycannoli; 12-02-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:22 PM
porka
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im debating whether to add more alcantara to my interior..

i want to add a alcantara e-brake shifter and get my console pieces redone with deviating red stitching..

is the material that dallas uses similar to the oem headliner? its not a true black its kind of charcoal/black.

Quick Reply: Joey's 996 GT3 Thread