Sponsored by:

Enclosed trailer question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Fooshe
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Check out this place. http://solarestrailerssite.com/custom_trailers

They do just about anything you want and are not an arm and a leg. Good quality trailer and you can option it out without it costing a small fortune.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:53 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
When I went shopping for trailers I started at the smaller size and realized there was NO WAY to get a GT3 on properly to distribute the weight for optimal tongue weight unless it was at least 18'. And at 18' you had no room for anything but the car. I went with a 20' enclosed (20' interior and 24'overall) and it give me "just enough" space to store a few things on the way to the track. The optimal size if I had it to do over would have been a 24' interior.
+1 . I have a lot of experience with trailers. Proper load balancing and tongue weight with a GT3 means you need space.

Enclosed aluminum trailers (with alum floor) are expensive but the weight savings really matter when towing.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:03 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by enthusiast
+1 . I have a lot of experience with trailers. Proper load balancing and tongue weight with a GT3 means you need space.

Enclosed aluminum trailers (with alum floor) are expensive but the weight savings really matter when towing.
yes, tongue wt important.
OR, you can get triple axel and big truck and wt distrubtion hitch with anti sway bars. then voila.....

i just drive the thing in and go. i dont can also load unload without trailer hitched.

BIGGER IS BETTER. go for it.

Quick Reply: Enclosed trailer question...