Sponsored by:

sharing pics on my 'new' ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
or i can post the receipts i have from march 2009 to date. i think that WILL cure any one from modding ;-)
That or do what I did this past weekend. I hired a pro coach and tossed him the keys to my car for some solo runs at a limit of "drive this as fast as you feel comfortable when you don't own the car". Seeing the data and the 6 seconds I need to make up really shows where the weak point of the car is. As usual....it's the nut behind the wheel.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:09 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

^ ^

you are both right!
What was I thinking??
Old 08-17-2010, 11:53 PM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

jlasuncion, you're correct on RHD for SVX or fire and ice editions. Supposedly, a "Desert Storm" edition will be available by the end of the year. Sales indicated matt sand-colored body and wheels.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:58 AM
jlasuncion
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahahaha

I have been down the road of modifying several times...as you can tell with my M3 and other cars (current track car civic hatch with B18C5 engine etc, previous other track cars Mitsu Evo 6.5 Tommi Makkinen Edition) and what I know is when you upgrade something, something else down the line needs to be upgraded to cope with it and it actually never stops

Im actually stopping myself from upgrading the car and will only upgrade when the specific part needs replacing...I plan to replace the front brakes to MK2 set and get some volk racing or champion forged 18's with neovas but only when the stuff wears out...the alphaN is very intriguing, now you just added something that I never even considered...will research about that soon--just because of the sound

the cup shifter cables will be added only after I get to try it out as I find the stock shifter good enough for me

But the list you guys made is actually pretty helpful for newbies like me

Nice thread, Im learning a little about sound systems and even new Land Rovers
Old 08-18-2010, 02:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

...and it actually never stops
===> smart man. you have been around the block few times

...get some volk racing or champion forged 18's with neovas
===> volks does'nt look right. try jong bloed, BBS, CCW

the cup shifter cables will be added only after I get to try it out as I find the stock shifter good enough for me
===> dont try the cup stuff. you will end up buying it.

===> since i ran out of my own money to spend, i am obligated to help friends spend theirs.

Nice thread, Im learning a little about sound systems
===> any way i can help with world economy.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:56 PM
13sinned
Advanced

nice collection! love the track ****** - M3, GT3 mkI, evo VI TME and civic EK B18C... too bad one less track to stretch, i heard that SiR is not renewing their contract.
i'm not sure if that's the same white GT3 my friend forwarded that was around 4M?!

cheers!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome.

Love the M3.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:55 AM
jlasuncion
Instructor

@Chris--thanks and love the M too

@13sinned--yup SIR is closed but we go more to Batangas Racing Circuit, which is so much better than the SIR. The Clark is promising too, they are opening the long portion very soon.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:17 PM
13sinned
Advanced

@jlasuncion - I'm just too sentimental about SiR, it's where I started and its close to my hometown. Yes, BRC is a better place to stretch for having higher speed corners than SIR. It's always been a favorite of the euro crowd.

I just remember one of my acquaintance said that his Evo V looks like a tricycle when he's with this certain weekend warriors.. then my friend said how about us on B16b civic and 4G93T lancer? a kariton hehehe
Old 08-24-2010, 08:32 PM
jlasuncion
Instructor

I know what your friend means but he shouldn't worry about what others think, he should just enjoy his car and for all you know, the guys with the nice cars are also wishing they have a better car..tracks here suit cars like civics, my civic does better than almost all porsches including turbo 996, 997 S and 993tt, m power cars have no chance, it's only beaten by gt3s and rt12 and of course the Nissan gtr, and that's when I only had a 1.6 engine
Old 08-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jlasuncion
Hahahaha

I have been down the road of modifying several times...as you can tell with my M3 and other cars (current track car civic hatch with B18C5 engine etc, previous other track cars Mitsu Evo 6.5 Tommi Makkinen Edition) and what I know is when you upgrade something, something else down the line needs to be upgraded to cope with it and it actually never stops

Im actually stopping myself from upgrading the car and will only upgrade when the specific part needs replacing...I plan to replace the front brakes to MK2 set and get some volk racing or champion forged 18's with neovas but only when the stuff wears out...the alphaN is very intriguing, now you just added something that I never even considered...will research about that soon--just because of the sound

Nice thread, Im learning a little about sound systems and even new Land Rovers
Lovely car! And spot on, my GT3 is totally standard except for tires, brake fluid and gearbox/engine oil!! And I'm still learning more about it every day and improving!!!

Like you though I also have another track toy which is an Evo 9.... that is modded purely for reliability and handling (and a little more juice maybe). Take the GT3 to the track.... you will be amazed how much car it is!! Congrats again!!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:52 AM
jlasuncion
Instructor

Thanks Harold! Btw nice C4S and GT3RS...I guess you take that to Malaysia?

I haven't taken mine to the track yet, been raining lately, but have been lucky that my friends trust me to drive their cars so I have a quite a lot of track time on a 996 gt3 with various tires, 997 GT3 mk1, 997 Carrera S, 993TT, 996TT, my old 993 and RT12. I found the 996 GT3 to be the best and my skills can't exploit a stock GT3 so I know what to expect but this time I should be more worried because its my own car at stake.

And to make it more difficult my GT3 has never seen track action...I guess it will loose some value but who cares, right?

That's also my motto in modifying, making car more reliable and buy the best tires that matches the settings of your suspension...actually alignment, setup of suspension and tire pressures will give you the best times
Old 08-25-2010, 05:56 PM
13sinned
Advanced

jlasuncion,
Yeah I know we're just kidding about the trike and kariton. I think you know him too when you mentioned about the RT12. Yes, you're right its always been the civics on our local tracks. I also remember a sweet rivalry in BRC between an evo V and EK civic, i hardly recall if it's a CTR but definitely highly modified.
Btw I saw an uploaded video in BRC which I really think would do well and suits our track - the Exige.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:49 PM
jlasuncion
Instructor

I also got to drive that exige S and it also doesn't suit our track...go figure, but it's still an exciting and fun drive but not great on posting a good time. It was a ctr with spoon b18c5 that had a rivalry but evo 5 won
Old 09-01-2010, 03:59 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ROW bumpers sure look bertter than our US blobs....

Quick Reply: sharing pics on my 'new' ride