Sponsored by:

Anyone know this one? 2004 Basalt Black GT3 in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:05 PM
8ringcircus
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone know this one? 2004 Basalt Black GT3 in Chicago

First off, let me say it's been nice to be able to take advantage of the tight group of enthusiasts here who really have a handle on where these cars have been. Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to provide.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/emailT...paId=316854254

I'm shopping for a 996 GT3 now and found what appears to be a nice example at Rizza Porsche in Orland Park. The Carfax looks clean. It was a SoCal car for first 13K miles, then bounced through a couple of auctions in Nevada and Illinois. The dealer is stating that they've had it for two years and used it to take customers out for track days. They have put just over 1K miles on it. So, now it's just over 15K and seems clean. Cup nose, ceramics brakes replaced with stock. Had a 1/2 cage in at one point, out now. I believe the dealer added the red stripes in the last year. I think their price may be very negotiable.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey that looks good with the red stripes. I thought they had sold this car awhile ago as another rennlister was very serious about it not long ago. Neat car.

FWIW I believe this car never had the ceramic option (to my recollection). Plus, if it had - the calipers would be yellow. I really doubt they would have changed the calipers - I would however have assumed that if it had ever had ceramics that they would have changed the rotors only.

A quick glance at the option list decal, or the window sticker, or a call to 1.800.PORSCHE will confirm.

I hope you buy it and enjoy.

Quick Reply: Anyone know this one? 2004 Basalt Black GT3 in Chicago