Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* 996 GT2/3 REPLACEMENT discs - GiroDiscs. Comprehensive information & pictures*

Old 06-20-2013, 03:39 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Milling rotors this week, then zinc plate -- rotors will be available early the week of the 24th! Reserve a set -
Old 06-23-2013, 06:51 PM
911S4
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Patiently waiting......
Old 06-24-2013, 01:07 AM
gate58
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you pm me the price for 2004 GT3 front and rear? Thanks.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had my number down, patiently waiting!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:23 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Looks like about 10 days. They've had unplanned and unanticipated delays with heat treatment vendor.

Soon!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Sigh!!!!

Thanks for the update Craig.. Patiently waiting...

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
Looks like about 10 days. They've had unplanned and unanticipated delays with heat treatment vendor.

Soon!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:52 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Can build and ship within 1 day - READY!

Thank You,
Old 10-03-2013, 02:14 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

IN STOCK. Zinc coating stuff wasn't worth the trouble. ** 100% MADE IN USA**

Ready to build!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:12 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Girodisc announces a brand new rotor casting that will be used on most applications with an outside diameter between 345mm and 355mm
• Braking Performance: The forty-eight directionally curved vanes act as a centrifugal air pump and actively move cooling air through the rotor as it rotates, helping to shed heat quick and reduce brake pad fading. The discs are also slotted, allowing a maximized contact at the interface between pad and disc as the edges of the slots continuously clean and refresh the pad surface.
• High Quality Materials: The Girodisc rotors use only the highest quality materials and components. The rotors are high carbon content iron for long wear and stable thermal performance. We have developed alloy combinations that are consistently outperforming anything we’ve had in the past. This is proven on both the brake dyno and the race track. We have worked closely with American foundries and testing facilities to help us design our castings and tooling to make the best possible product. This is a commitment to our customer and our country’s economy. All our iron is poured in the US.
The center hat section is aircraft grade 6061 billet aluminum with a charcoal grey color Military spec type II anodized finish. We use only American made aluminum from Kaiser, Alcoa and SAPA. The disc hardware consists of cadmium plated high strength alloy steel drive bushings which take the load from braking actions while maintaining the float between the hat and disc. Girodisc manufactures all these components in-house to our own specifications. Disc machining, hat machining and pin machining all happens at our facility in Bellingham, WA.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:46 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Girodisc announces a brand new rotor casting that will be used on most applications with an outside diameter between 345mm and 355mm
• Braking Performance: The forty-eight directionally curved vanes act as a centrifugal air pump and actively move cooling air through the rotor as it rotates, helping to shed heat quick and reduce brake pad fading. The discs are also slotted, allowing a maximized contact at the interface between pad and disc as the edges of the slots continuously clean and refresh the pad surface.
• High Quality Materials: The Girodisc rotors use only the highest quality materials and components. The rotors are high carbon content iron for long wear and stable thermal performance. We have developed alloy combinations that are consistently outperforming anything we’ve had in the past. This is proven on both the brake dyno and the race track. We have worked closely with American foundries and testing facilities to help us design our castings and tooling to make the best possible product. This is a commitment to our customer and our country’s economy. All our iron is poured in the US.
The center hat section is aircraft grade 6061 billet aluminum with a charcoal grey color Military spec type II anodized finish. We use only American made aluminum from Kaiser, Alcoa and SAPA. The disc hardware consists of cadmium plated high strength alloy steel drive bushings which take the load from braking actions while maintaining the float between the hat and disc. Girodisc manufactures all these components in-house to our own specifications. Disc machining, hat machining and pin machining all happens at our facility in Bellingham, WA.
Craig, what's the latest on these? Can you PM me any pics of the new look? Xmas Pricing and lead time to 27612? This is for my 997.1GT3. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:49 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Mfgr reply:
I don’t really have any pictures showing direct differences between the two; other than the machining, it doesn’t look drastically different. The major changes are in the metallurgy and process to get the exact rotor composition we were after. I can’t go into detail on the metallurgy or processes because we’ve spent a very long time getting both to where they are now with this new rotor. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there’s anything else I can help with, thanks and happy new year!

--------
REDUCED pricing on overseas shipments as well as improved ship cost domestically - shoot me an e-mail - Thank You!
Old 01-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Dervish
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 49 Posts

REDUCED pricing on overseas shipments as well as improved ship cost domestically - shoot me an e-mail - Thank You!
Can confirm that! Set of rears (inc shipping to UK) over $300 cheaper from Craig than buying from cheapest supplier in the UK.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Dervish
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 49 Posts

Some brake **** arrived from Craig today, another beautiful set of rotors, almost too nice to put on. Excellent super fast service as well, ordered last Wednesday, shippped on Thursday and in my hands in the UK Tuesday...

Attached Images      
Old 01-14-2014, 02:34 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

100% MADE IN U.S.A. :-)
Old 01-14-2014, 03:15 PM
lfish
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 50 Posts

Please PM me price for front and rear discs for 2004 GT3; also include prices for front yellow Pagid and rear black Pagid pads. Thanks! Include shipping costs to 45504.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: * 996 GT2/3 REPLACEMENT discs - GiroDiscs. Comprehensive information & pictures*