Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2016, 08:06 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Hello,
As Chris said we are not going to stop making these parts any time soon.I just don't have the time for service work anymore. We have always been a wholesale business. The lsd rebuild program was the sole exception. Now, like everything else, these parts are sold through our authorized installers. There are quite a few of them and we can work with you to find a local shop that can work with you so that you aren't shipping anything.

If you are a DIY guy Sharkwerks usually has the stuff on the shelf and is also happy to shop overseas so we avoid things like recently happened with a gentleman here on RL where I got busy and did not fill an email order on his expected timeline.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:50 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

We are currently doing this for two of our customers, we're a Guard distributor and use their products exclusively. Anyone interested, we would be more than happy to order the parts and do the work for you. PM me and we can go from there.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Fierofly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a 2003 C4S stock transmission, with a LS3 480hp GM engine installed. I need a LSD. What's the best bang for the buck? which I do not have much of, LOL
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...onversion.html
Old 08-05-2017, 06:56 PM
Jimjet
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead PDKs for the average street joes AUGUST 2017

So my bro buys a Porsche certified 99.1 s. Two weeks later PDK goes. No problem, he is a pilot so they replace the PDK while he is on a trip and bill the warranty program $22k
Fast forward 24 mos. and I'm driving my 997.2 to Houston refinery area, normal speed, 111k mileage on odometer and it locks in 3rd gear. Message shows provisional, nothing about heat. Outside temp 82 F and engine temp normal. Made it the short distance to work
I talk to Porsche and they say flat bed it up to them. The car has sat about 3 hours; when I get in all gears showing, so I take off for Porsche. Got approx 6 miles enroute and all gears go including reverse disappear off Indiicator .It was like being on a bicycle with no.chain. So I am in center lane of I-45 N about a mile from downtown, shut down with literally thousands of cars at 92 degrees not thinking much of Porsche. Two flat bed tow truck drivers are jockeying for the tow.
Porsche scan offer faults (slip ring and 6th gear) they cleared the fault codes and drove the car around the parking lot, but cautioned not to go farther...
So the price is about $14k to put remanufactured PDK in the 997.2. .trying to figure whether to put money into it or sell for a parts car

Jim Jette
Houston
Old 08-07-2017, 12:44 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimjet
So my bro buys a Porsche certified 99.1 s. Two weeks later PDK goes. No problem, he is a pilot so they replace the PDK while he is on a trip and bill the warranty program $22k
Fast forward 24 mos. and I'm driving my 997.2 to Houston refinery area, normal speed, 111k mileage on odometer and it locks in 3rd gear. Message shows provisional, nothing about heat. Outside temp 82 F and engine temp normal. Made it the short distance to work
I talk to Porsche and they say flat bed it up to them. The car has sat about 3 hours; when I get in all gears showing, so I take off for Porsche. Got approx 6 miles enroute and all gears go including reverse disappear off Indiicator .It was like being on a bicycle with no.chain. So I am in center lane of I-45 N about a mile from downtown, shut down with literally thousands of cars at 92 degrees not thinking much of Porsche. Two flat bed tow truck drivers are jockeying for the tow.
Porsche scan offer faults (slip ring and 6th gear) they cleared the fault codes and drove the car around the parking lot, but cautioned not to go farther...
So the price is about $14k to put remanufactured PDK in the 997.2. .trying to figure whether to put money into it or sell for a parts car

Jim Jette
Houston
interesting story, but what does it have to do with this thread????????????
The following users liked this post:
black04 (05-02-2020)
Old 09-09-2017, 08:49 PM
lightguy
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sacrilege I know but I used Amsoil 75W-110 severe gear at $17/qt instead of Mobil whatever at $40+/qt.
I have been a Amsoil "groupie" long before Mobil 1 existed.
When I went to A+P school back when...our specific 1 hr x 1 semester lubrications class instructor, brought in from the industry, drilled the importance of lubrication into our little heads.
In his expert opinion Amsoil was on another level.
Good enough for me.

So far so good.
As a matter of fact my 2nd gear pop, when not fully forced into gear, has gone away.

I'm going to put it my NSX next that has a shift problem from 1st to second. Supposedly AC Delco has an additive that solves the problem with Acura recommended lubricant.
Amsoil claims to have a ingredient in their 75W-110 naturally that does something similar. I believe it makes things internally "stickier". Which in a gearbox can be good.

Here is the link to 75W-110 severe gear; http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...10/?code=SVTQT
Old 12-25-2017, 11:27 AM
6spman
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Guard make any LSD for 991.2 Porsches?
Old 12-26-2017, 10:12 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

Delco 'Syncromesh' trans fluid is likely what you're referring to, and it works... was GM's fix for all their very poor shifting t56's

Originally Posted by lightguy
Sacrilege I know but I used Amsoil 75W-110 severe gear at $17/qt instead of Mobil whatever at $40+/qt.
When I went to A+P school back when...our specific 1 hr x 1 semester lubrications class instructor, brought in from the industry, drilled the importance of lubrication into our little heads.
Good enough for me.

So far so good.
As a matter of fact my 2nd gear pop, when not fully forced into gear, has gone away.

I'm going to put it my NSX next that has a shift problem from 1st to second. Supposedly AC Delco has an additive that solves the problem with Acura recommended lubricant.
Amsoil claims to have a ingredient in their 75W-110 naturally that does something similar. I believe it makes things internally "stickier". Which in a gearbox can be good.

Here is the link to 75W-110 severe gear; http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...10/?code=SVTQT
Old 12-31-2017, 09:22 AM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lightguy
Good enough for me.

So far so good.

does the amsoil have friction modifiers in it?

Quick Reply: FAQ - Limited-Slip Differential (LSD)