Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipping 996 Cup lip spoiler? & PMNA source in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:18 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 112 Posts

I agree with the comments if the item does not come flat it should go directly back to where it came from. Even a flat one can be difficult to seat properly without any gaps. I had to use racers tape on a brand new one which was flat because the gaps were too large and would have caused issues later down the road without the tape. Lets just say on a previous splitter that I did not store it properly and it did not stay on the car too long. Now all splitters get racing tape which is not exactly pretty, but saves unnnecessary replacements.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:07 AM
henrikbuus
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for a splitter that is slightly bigger/ racier (more protruding) than the stock one.
Any ideas where to turn??
Old 02-03-2009, 02:54 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 214 Posts

TRG sent it two folded. No big deal. Took a week to straighten out. Nevertheless I drive there now(only 45 minutes) . They fly off my car at the track so much I promise u someone is living off selling my lipspoilers on craigslist. Mike
Old 02-03-2009, 11:25 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by henrikbuus
I'm looking for a splitter that is slightly bigger/ racier (more protruding) than the stock one.
Any ideas where to turn??
Bill koenig at Rennworx
It is carbon fiber ($$$), looks great, and does not handle offs at the track well
Old 02-03-2009, 01:46 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
TRG sent it two folded. No big deal. Took a week to straighten out. Nevertheless I drive there now(only 45 minutes) . They fly off my car at the track so much I promise u someone is living off selling my lipspoilers on craigslist. Mike
Use 1/2" wide double-sided tape in addition to the plastic rivets. Once that's done, add on some racers tape to cover the seam between the splitter and bumper cover. That way no air can get in there and separate the splitter from the bumper cover.

Cheers,
Old 02-03-2009, 02:26 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by AllanJ
Use 1/2" wide double-sided tape in addition to the plastic rivets. Once that's done, add on some racers tape to cover the seam between the splitter and bumper cover. That way no air can get in there and separate the splitter from the bumper cover.

Cheers,
That's exactly how I did it!

pic attached....
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2009, 05:00 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Nice tape!

Since my car is all black (Darth Vader's car according to my friends), I went with black duct tape.

Cheers,
Old 02-04-2009, 01:23 PM
silverstutt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine too like a pretzel from TRG about a year ago... it was fun putting it on with "Il professore" on line telling me how to do it. Thanks Dell!
I ripped it out so many times it is ridiculous! I got so good at it, I would have a kit in my car and I would put it back on in a couple of minutes top.

car is now for sale and the splitter is gone already... hope to get a gig soon, so I won't have to loose 20k I put into it... but life is good! and cars come and go...
Old 02-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I was thinking of trying the following:

Take off the front bumper and install nutserts.

Then use plastic bolts with washers to tightly attach the splitter against the bumper.

On impact the plastic bolts would break which would release the splitter before damaging the bumper.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Shipping 996 Cup lip spoiler? & PMNA source in Canada?