Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instructions to install MOMO hub adaptor and new wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:25 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

RSV is basically what we adults get that we call the cold but it's much more of a PITA for infants since their immune system isn't up to snuff just yet. Not to mention you can't do a thing about it, it just has to past. No pill, no vaccine, nothing. Can take about 2 weeks and the poor child just suffers miserably. At least with influenza (the Flu) you can get a shot.

The worst part of the whole deal is that MF'ers that dropped off their kid thought they were pulling a fast one but were actually being called when I dropped my kid off at 830a! They were told to come pick him up and take him to the hospital. And he was a preemie nonetheless. LAZY SONSABITCHES!!! Then try to play stupid like "he seemed fine when we dropped him off an hour ago".

Now, myself and my wife, and about 1/2 a dozen other parents are dealing with sleepless nights and the pain of seeing your child suffering. Sure, we all have to deal with it when our kids get sick, but at the expense of stupid, ignorant, inconsiderate, scum?

Maybe I'll give Tony Soprano a call
Old 02-10-2008, 09:46 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Update in Post#1
Old 02-10-2008, 04:57 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
RSV is basically what we adults get that we call the cold but it's much more of a PITA for infants since their immune system isn't up to snuff just yet. Not to mention you can't do a thing about it, it just has to past. No pill, no vaccine, nothing. Can take about 2 weeks and the poor child just suffers miserably. At least with influenza (the Flu) you can get a shot.

The worst part of the whole deal is that MF'ers that dropped off their kid thought they were pulling a fast one but were actually being called when I dropped my kid off at 830a! They were told to come pick him up and take him to the hospital. And he was a preemie nonetheless. LAZY SONSABITCHES!!! Then try to play stupid like "he seemed fine when we dropped him off an hour ago".

Now, myself and my wife, and about 1/2 a dozen other parents are dealing with sleepless nights and the pain of seeing your child suffering. Sure, we all have to deal with it when our kids get sick, but at the expense of stupid, ignorant, inconsiderate, scum?

Maybe I'll give Tony Soprano a call
School? Isn't your kid less than a year old? Get used to them getting sick from the other kids. When my oldest was about 1.5 and in daycare, one of the parents did the same thing and dropped of their sick kid for the day. My boy ended up in the hospital for a day after that.

As for the quick release, make sure it is lock on before heading out of the pits. May sound simple, but I've twice pulled mine off on track (didn't go off or spin either time) over the 7 years I've had it because it wasn't locked down. I now have "check wheel" on the steering wheel. Also, yours looks like it mounts with splines like mine. I suggest you put a mark (I used a bit of blue tape) on both parts of the quick release so you can line it up when you put it on. Nothing like going out on track and having the wheel off by 80 degrees or so.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Dell, how did you mount the trackmate? Thanks.T.Roy
Old 02-10-2008, 05:11 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sjanes
School? Isn't your kid less than a year old? Get used to them getting sick from the other kids. When my oldest was about 1.5 and in daycare, one of the parents did the same thing and dropped of their sick kid for the day. My boy ended up in the hospital for a day after that.
Yes, 4 months old. Why does that matter? Getting sick from other kids is not my concern. It inconsiderate parents that act with a sense of entitlement and ignorance.

As for the quick release, make sure it is lock on before heading out of the pits. May sound simple, but I've twice pulled mine off on track (didn't go off or spin either time) over the 7 years I've had it because it wasn't locked down. I now have "check wheel" on the steering wheel. Also, yours looks like it mounts with splines like mine. I suggest you put a mark (I used a bit of blue tape) on both parts of the quick release so you can line it up when you put it on. Nothing like going out on track and having the wheel off by 80 degrees or so.

Impossible to put on wrong with the QR that I just installed. There is one groove thicker than the rest (PICS ATTACHED) and without lining up down that groove, it will NOT go on. Once it's on, it's on straight. No tape, markers, etc, needed.

As far as locking, not sure I follow. It goes on one way ONLY and then locks into place once it glides down the groove and you RELEASE the QR.. Once it's locked into place, it should be understood you CHECK to make sure everything is all locked down and ready to go.
Attached Images   
Old 02-10-2008, 05:13 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Trj
Dell, how did you mount the trackmate? Thanks.T.Roy
Velcro. As far as the cable it is routed trough the center console under the dash and out by the underside of the wheel. Now I can actually reach the unit and turn on, etc, from pit out if I forgot and didn't realize until AFTER everything is strapped down (belts, HANS, etc.).
Old 02-10-2008, 05:52 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, 4 months old. Why does that matter? Getting sick from other kids is not my concern. It inconsiderate parents that act with a sense of entitlement and ignorance.
I was just wondering what kind of "school" a 4month old would be in? And the inconsiderate parents part was kinda my point.

Impossible to put on wrong with the QR that I just installed. There is one groove thicker than the rest (PICS ATTACHED) and without lining up down that groove, it will NOT go on. Once it's on, it's on straight. No tape, markers, etc, needed.
Nice touch. Mine has the same splines all the way around.

As far as locking, not sure I follow. It goes on one way ONLY and then locks into place once it glides down the groove and you RELEASE the QR.. Once it's locked into place, it should be understood you CHECK to make sure everything is all locked down and ready to go.
On my wheel, I have to pull up on the locking ring to push the wheel all the way down and release the ring to lock it. Yes, the CHECK part should be understood, but sometimes when you are in a rush, it may slip your mind, it has mine. Just thought I'd offer the tip, but if you have a perfect memory and don't make mistakes, then feel free to ignore my suggestion.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:04 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I was just wondering what kind of "school" a 4month old would be in? And the inconsiderate parents part was kinda my point.
Not "school" in the sense you think of school but not a daycare either. It's a school that divides the children by rooms based on ages (0-1, 1, 2, etc) and all the "teachers" have degrees in education. My boys teacher actually is an RN as well which is really nice. They all have a curriculum (yes, even the infant class). We didn't want to hire a nanny, and sure didn't want to leave him in "traditional" daycare. This school we enrolled him in will teach him things we could never hope to by staying at home. (sounds, sign language, etc., in 0-1).

Yup, inconsiderate parents is right. I just don't understand why these people can't understand that havoc they rain on others by their actions.

Nice touch. Mine has the same splines all the way around.
Thanks. I decided on this one after alot of research and talking with my race shop guy and he 100% chose this one over all the other choices.

On my wheel, I have to pull up on the locking ring to push the wheel all the way down and release the ring to lock it. Yes, the CHECK part should be understood, but sometimes when you are in a rush, it may slip your mind, it has mine. Just thought I'd offer the tip, but if you have a perfect memory and don't make mistakes, then feel free to ignore my suggestion.
Mine won't come off if you release the QR prematurely. The problem you will have is that it will be held in the "safety" position. Basically, it will be locked on but have about 1/2"-1" of fore/aft movement so you know that you didn't get it all the way down the shaft. Once in the proper position, it is tight as can be with ZERO play. This is a great QR and I am very impressed with the product. Would definitely rec'd this to anybody looking for one.

**and no, not even close to perfect memory. remember I have a 4 month old **
Old 02-10-2008, 06:20 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not "school" in the sense you think of school but not a daycare either. It's a school that divides the children by rooms based on ages (0-1, 1, 2, etc) and all the "teachers" have degrees in education. My boys teacher actually is an RN as well which is really nice. They all have a curriculum (yes, even the infant class). We didn't want to hire a nanny, and sure didn't want to leave him in "traditional" daycare. This school we enrolled him in will teach him things we could never hope to by staying at home. (sounds, sign language, etc., in 0-1).

Yup, inconsiderate parents is right. I just don't understand why these people can't understand that havoc they rain on others by their actions.
Interesting "school". The other parents understand, they just don't care. Hope your kid feels better.

Sounds like your hub has a well thought out design.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:24 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Thanks, he's doing better now. Finally

Yup, the school is interesting but took us along time to find the right place for our little boy. Talk about an exhaustive interview search. We are so far very happy with the school and while it is great he is being stimulated cognitively very well, it's not over the top education like we are trying to get him accepted to med school by age 10

The QR hub is very nice. I bought it through CDOC and IIRC it was $295. Well worth it I think.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Air-21
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great Dell, which shifter are you using?
Old 02-11-2008, 01:39 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Thanks.

It's the custom shifter Gert makes (P97GT3 to fit P96GT3).

Here's the link:
http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p96191.htm
Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Airbag resistor installation question...

Thread resurrection...

Referring back to the pics that LVDell posted at the beginning...

If the clockring (that's right... CLOCKring, you swines ) is removed along with the red and yellow connectors detached inside the cowl somewhere, where the heck are you supposed to connect the airbag resistor?
Old 04-08-2011, 04:17 AM
jmla
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone tried the works bell hub?

http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxst...he-cayman.html
Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DHI
Thread resurrection...

Referring back to the pics that LVDell posted at the beginning...

If the clockring (that's right... CLOCKring, you swines ) is removed along with the red and yellow connectors detached inside the cowl somewhere, where the heck are you supposed to connect the airbag resistor?
I removed it but apparently it is needed for the airbag resistor. How do I know? When Joe bought my car he had to pick one up in order to have the resistor installed.

Quick Reply: Instructions to install MOMO hub adaptor and new wheel?