Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predictions: 996 GT3 value in 1-2 years?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

What is interesting is that there are 2 996 GT3s in the recent Panorama under $80,000 asking.

When winter rolls around to the northeast US, coupled with first 997GT3s hitting the street, the price will surely drop further.

Good clean cars will be had for the $60 - 70k range. This is where they will stabilize for awhile.

I'm interested in picking up a white or red, non-PCCB, car with minimal options (xenons) and a clean history (no accidents).
Old 06-25-2006, 07:29 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Sounds good to me. I don't harbor grudges anyway so I say.....what tiff?

See you around
I have a real problem with folks who can't write without (expletive deleted) and (expletive deleted) to make their point...

You want back on Rennlist "Johnny 996" - email me. Leave out the (expletive deleted).

Have a nice day.

John
Old 06-25-2006, 08:21 PM
yongster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
I'm interested in picking up a white or red, non-PCCB, car with minimal options (xenons) and a clean history (no accidents).
Maybe I'll sell you mine.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by yongster
Maybe I'll sell you mine.
Maybe . . . but I have a feeling I'll be picking up a US car. The favorable exchange rate and improved choice is very tempting.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Fidel Cashflow
AutoX

Default Shame on you Administrator

Originally Posted by John D.
I have a real problem with folks who can't write without (expletive deleted) and (expletive deleted) to make their point...

You want back on Rennlist "Johnny 996" - email me. Leave out the (expletive deleted).

Have a nice day.

John
Hard for me to sit back and not say something on this one .......

There was nothing offensive typed in those replies (certainly nothing you wouldnt hear on regular day time television) - very dissappointed that there is such obvious favortism on the site - Johnny 996 may not have had 5000 posts but never did or say anything to offend anyone. Disputes between people are a fact of life and I think in the end it was dealt with it in a professional manner and they obviously moved on. Your harsh stand is very dissappointing - especially as the administrator - shame on you !! I guess you will most likely delete this post and ban me as well for speaking out.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:57 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Fidel,
Assuming you're not Johnny 996, I'm not sure you saw the entire exchange.

The post made by Johnny 996 (which I was tempted to respond to before it got deleted) was childish name calling and was offensive. Just because you can hear that type of talk on television certainly doesn't mean that it has to be tolerated.

Although I'm Porsche-less at the moment, when I had my 993 C4S I found the forum to be a great source of knowledge. I continue to frequent these forums because I enjoy reading the information that is exchanged, experiencing the comraderie that is pervasive, and sharing peoples trials and tribulations with a great marque.

I don't enjoy cursing or name calling in films and on television. I certainly don't read forums like these to hear the same.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Fidel Cashflow
AutoX

I did read the posts - and no I am not Johnny 996 - although I do know him personally.

There was nothing in the posts that needed censoring - and LVDell's responses should have been eliminated as well. The whole argument between them had no place in this thread or any thread - so why only delete Johnny 996's posts ?? The ban on Johnny 996's account is ridiculous !! I think the moderator should delete both sides of the argument (since it had no place here) and reinstate Johnny's account immediately.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fidel Cashflow
I did read the posts - and no I am not Johnny 996 - although I do know him personally.

There was nothing in the posts that needed censoring - and LVDell's responses should have been eliminated as well. The whole argument between them had no place in this thread or any thread - so why only delete Johnny 996's posts ?? The ban on Johnny 996's account is ridiculous !! I think the moderator should delete both sides of the argument (since it had no place here) and reinstate Johnny's account immediately.
Fidel,

Few guys here, including not just this site's administrator but the owner & creator or Rennlist, John D, seem to think Johnny's post was little out of line and you now come in dissing him (John D) and command him to reinstate Johnny's account immediately.

Who do you think has more authority to ban and/or reinstate someone, you, or a guy who's site this is?
Old 06-26-2006, 03:25 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Fidel Cashflow
and no I am not Johnny 996 - although I do know him personally....The ban on Johnny 996's account is ridiculous !! I think the moderator should delete both sides of the argument (since it had no place here) and reinstate Johnny's account immediately.
Indeed - you must know "Johnny 996" very, very well...

Actually - I reinstated the user "Johnny 996" at 9:38 AM - about 3 minutes after you - oppps, I mean "Johnny 996" - emailed my ADMIN account. Why you are still posting under this account is a mystery to me, however?

Have a nice day,

John D.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Thanks John - good call. Guys, I missed the excitement, I was at the Grand Prix yesterday. What I saw was a heated but not profane exchange between two guys who subsequently realized that they had both gone overboard. They then acted properly and ended the dispute honorably and politely. Done. Move on. No piling on.

Regards,
Old 06-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually - I reinstated the user "Johnny 996" at 9:38 AM - about 3 minutes after you - oppps, I mean "Johnny 996" - emailed my ADMIN account. Why you are still posting under this account is a mystery to me, however?

Have a nice day,

John D.

Didn't want to say it even though it was sooo obvious. Thanks John for clarifying!
Old 06-26-2006, 05:08 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Have a nice day,

John D.
I guess some people still haven't figured out how to thunk an IP
Old 06-26-2006, 05:33 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Time to set up a third account Fidel Casflow/Johnny 996. Hopefully this time you will control yourself.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:40 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Did he really think John wouldn't figure that one out in a New York minute??? Jeez, come on Johnny996, I know you wanted to unleash on us but John nipped that in the bud so you figured you would outfox him with a new userID? Your IP address follows you, not to mention nobody comes on to this board and their first post is to defend somebody who just got banned. Apologize to John offline and let's move on. Like I said before, grow a thicker skin and understand that from the very beginning everybody here was actually trying to help you and look out for you buying a car that we know is questionable.

NOW....... if Johnny 996 = Fidel Casflow and ALSO = goodeals (who was the one defending the sale of the car in the "A New Low" thread) then it is all making sense.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

this is crap.

what happened to talking about GT3s?

Quick Reply: Predictions: 996 GT3 value in 1-2 years?