MatroxMGA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any success with the video?
Old 03-05-2005, 11:26 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Wow! Wheels look awesome....Best Speed yellow car I have ever seen....Someday a GT3 for me!
Old 03-05-2005, 11:47 AM
dpblessing
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

I am not usually a big fan of yellow cars or black wheels, but man that looks great!
Old 03-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Neil@Orton
Banned

Originally Posted by KompressorKev
awesome!! please give us a full review when you find time to in between drives, very excited about it. vids would be great too!
Kev a board member will have the latest version of this kit installed within the next 10 days.

Neil
Old 03-05-2005, 12:25 PM
GT-Racer
Advanced

Your car looks great! I bet you can't wait to get on the track...

Did you do anything to save some weight?
Old 03-06-2005, 02:43 PM
GlennMc
Racer

Thanks for comments guys,

I was on track again yesterday but unfortuanatley got black flagged as i was too noisy !!!

I don't know if you have the same restrictions over there, but over here, they are really **** about noise at some tracks.

I passed the static test which was not to exceed 100db, i registered at 96db i think.
It was the drive by one that was the problem, as there are microphones placed around the track, and i triggered two of these, as they were set at 86db, but i recorded 88db !!
I complained and said there must be some mistake, so they let me out again, and i was out, on and off for a few more hours, i was able to spot the microphones, and short shift pass them accordingly. Unortunately, i was unaware of the mobile unit that goes around to various other areas of the track and set up a various points of the day, i got registered at 99 db, so that was my day over !!!!

Not impressed really, this is my local and favorite track, which i managed to get to 7-8 times last year, so i need a bit of a re-think, i need to look into one of these silencer/mufflers, but don't know much about them.

Anyway, the time did get on the track was wonderful, the car was singing, and i was very impressed with the new Pirelli Corsa Race, tyres that i had on.

I took a guy out who lives near the ring, and owns a GT3RS, he said that my suspension was definately harder than his, and turned in sharper too.

I think I toasted my brakes though, and am going to be looking into some purpose built rotors next week, supplied by the company that did my manthey Mods.

G.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:24 AM
KompressorKev
Intermediate

any more suspension impressions now that it's been on the car a little while?
Old 03-23-2005, 02:45 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Good article on (Olaf) Manthey on the latest issue of GT Purley Porsche!

Ciao,

Johannes E.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:10 AM
RS Patrik
Racer

Originally Posted by GlennMc
Thanks for comments guys,

I was on track again yesterday but unfortuanatley got black flagged as i was too noisy !!!
Glen, you are not the only one. I know of 2 fellow GT3 RS owners who have done tha same mods as you, and they are no longer allowed on the Swedish Porsche Club track days.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:09 PM
MatroxMGA
Instructor

Patrik: have you done any mods?
Old 03-24-2005, 04:10 AM
RS Patrik
Racer

Originally Posted by MatroxMGA
Patrik: have you done any mods?
Nope,

do not need to. As I do not drive like Walter Rörhl (who does?) it is just fine they way it is. It's better to learn to drive it like it is, THEN do the mods rather than spending an arm and a leg on doing so, and not being able to tell why this and that was done. It is usually the limitations behind the steering wheel, not the chassi nor the engine. But I do buy the thinking of doing the mods for the fun of doing so...
I have been in serious contact with Manthey of doing a few things, but I didn't go further. But should I do anyhting, they would be the only ones I'd contact.

I'll stop by at the "shop" at the end of April when doing the Scuderia Course.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:26 PM
MatroxMGA
Instructor

I have also been in contact with Manthey but will wait with further mods (besides the obvious such as brake pads, tires, fluids, rollbar, seats etc...). Will you be driving down with the rs to the Scuderia course or you will be using a trailer? Hope to see you and your car this summer.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:33 PM
GlennMc
Racer

Originally Posted by KompressorKev
any more suspension impressions now that it's been on the car a little while?

Still of the opinion that the car is certainly more extreme than before, unfortunately haven't had as much track time as i would like lately, so still getting to know things.

The car is in for new brakes at the moment, as i was running round on standard discs and pagid yellows, the new power and suspension has just about finished them off, so i am having some new floating discs with grooves rather than drilled holes fitted, in time for my trip to Spa and the ring in May.

I can't remeber what these ar e called, but i heard that they had extensive testing around Daytona, anyone heard of them ??

P.S.

Kev, do you have a C32 AMG ?

G.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:54 PM
KompressorKev
Intermediate

thanks GlennMc. look forward to hearing your experience with the Manthey, i have very high regard for them. yes i have a c32 amg, but am slowly looking for a 996.

Quick Reply: I've been Manthey'd