Sponsored by:

Clutch Effort (I know.. I know..)

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM
brontosaurus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 355 Posts
Default Clutch Effort (I know.. I know..)

I'll preface this by saying that I think my left leg has a bit of extra wear and tear on it from all the years of driving standard cars. I do love them, and I would like to continue driving the GT3, but I have to ask. Is there anything that can be done regarding lessening the clutch effort? I am not interested in adding accumulators or springs to the system, just curious if there is a pressure plate, or master cylinder, or a combo of parts that might make my experience a bit more user friendly. I should note that my car has ~58k miles on the original clutch and dual mass flywheel, so that's what I'm working with now. I did read that the 4.0 setup might be perceivably lighter? I suppose in a way I'm also looking for a justification to throw some other parts in there

thanks!
The following users liked this post:
changster123 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 389 Posts

Hmmmm...I've never really felt that the gt3 was all that bad, but maybe I'm just used to it. I've also noticed that every car is different. Probably lots of variables that go into the assessment that a particular clutch is "heavy." Exact components installed, lw vs. dm flywheel, state of wear on components, etc...

If it were me perhaps I would start by flushing/bleeding the clutch slave and see if that helps. If not then try replacing it (not expensive, but little fiddly to get to, and definitely nice to have a helper while you are working the nipple (that came out wrong!) under the car. I recall when I did the accumulator delete mod (ala the 996 gt2) on my old 996 tt, I was absolutely blown away how stiff the clutch was after. I got used to it, but it always felt stiff/hard. So perhaps there is something to the dual mass vs. single mass thing. I have a single mass (oem 996rs bits) and I find it very livable (its not as light as the 4.0 set up). Good luck!
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Might check the clutch helper spring is not broken. It makes a surprising difference. It's on the clutch pedal under the dash.
Old Today, 06:46 PM
tom03
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Clutch cylinder

Here is maybe some help:
https://mpl-tuningparts.de/produkt/p...ehmerzylinder/

Last edited by tom03; Today at 06:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Clutch Effort (I know.. I know..)