996 GT2 Club Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 10:21 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
...I would not buy euro/import cars or accident cars. GLWS
As you are a real owner who has bought your own GT2 twice, could you comment more in particular about why you wouldn't buy a Euro import not originally sold in the USA? I've been interested in that logic for a while as it is what I see on BaT, meaning the Euro cars generally go for less money, all else being equal. I personally like the Euro cars, so just want to know more about why you'd personally avoid them. I definitely understand wanting to avoid accident cars, so no need to get into that. Thanks!

Old 02-17-2019, 09:11 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
As you are a real owner who has bought your own GT2 twice, could you comment more in particular about why you wouldn't buy a Euro import not originally sold in the USA? I've been interested in that logic for a while as it is what I see on BaT, meaning the Euro cars generally go for less money, all else being equal. I personally like the Euro cars, so just want to know more about why you'd personally avoid them. I definitely understand wanting to avoid accident cars, so no need to get into that. Thanks!
I am going to PM you to not derail the OP's listing.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:22 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

I'm a bad influence, what can I say , to be fair the value was great for the re-buy
Quite a few do have stories/claims, know a few even around here with interesting pasts... hoping to keep this high mile '03 clean
Cheers!
Rob

Originally Posted by Igooz
I bought my 2003 GT2 new and still have it and keep a close eye on the cars. As Powdehound has correctly stated, there was a 2001 Euro for sale on the east coast for a good while around 2011, and CO Springs had one for sale and I looked at it around 2017. It had panels painted as it had been tracked. I was not told that it had a wreck. They may have been the same car?

The 996GT2 is a very tough car to price and then move. FWIW, I paid ~$188k for it new, and I did have a big accident with it ($30k) later it was back on the road. I tracked it many times and sold it for $77k in 2009 (recession) to my business friend and bought it back in 2012/2013 for $80k. (In fact, Rob^ 993GT2 talked me into buying it back)

Many of the GT2 out there have history including mine. I would not buy euro/import cars or accident cars. GLWS

Quick Reply: 996 GT2 Club Sport