Big Willow Jan 19th

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 11:28 PM
oldskews4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Big Willow Jan 19th

Happy new year!

Our next event is on Sat, Jan 19th at Big Willow. Come join us at the fastest track in the west!

All experienced drivers. Open pit lane all day, no sessions. 7+ hours of track time. Very low car count. Please PM me if you are interested.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:04 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 539 Posts

Hi, is this prior to or after the scheduled re-surfacing?

Cheers

Craig
Old 01-02-2019, 01:54 PM
oldskews4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
Hi, is this prior to or after the scheduled re-surfacing?

Cheers

Craig
Right after. We'll be the one of the first ones to use the new pavement.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:44 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Resurfacing WSIR

That will be nice.....if I can pull it off, I am coming out ro WSIR or this one. Need to juggle some commitments.

Then back again with Porsche Owners Club on February 2 & 3.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:11 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default Successfully juggled the Derm Appt.,

I signed up for the event at www.motorsportRegistration.com Going up on Friday....want to be fresh for the rack on Saturday.

May try out a set of Nitto NT-01 tires. I am going to order them tomorrow, and will scrub then on the 19th. Want to be prepared for the Porsche Owners Club Event on February 3/4.

Note in their Performance Drivers Series, you need only a helmet and the appropriate clothing....you'll need a car too
Old 01-20-2019, 04:39 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default Be sorry that you missed this event...

Willow Springs, 1/19/19......I suppose there were lots of reasons not to go, it had been raining, it would probably be cold and windy, the track had been refinished so it could be slippery....in the Real World, it was great day, blue skies, perfect temperatures and no wind to speak of. The re-finishing of the track provided for excellent traction... sad to say, I had the only Porsche car in the field of about 15 cars...so much track time available. I had 4 sessions before lunch, and one post lunch..had to leave early to take care of some business around the house.

In the session before lunch I got to do a little Corvette dicing....now that was fun...there were three of them out there, one of them was extra powerful, super fast down the front straight. The other 2 were well driven.....

I would recommend running with Checkered Flag Racing, they run a clean, well organized event. They have several one (1) day Laguna Seca events long up later in the year.I am going to try to make at least one of them.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:56 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default The proof is in the pic...

David, the honcho at Checkered Flag Motorsports (CFM), sent me a pic of my car and me taken on the 19th at the Checkered Flag Motorsports track day.

David runs an awesome event. They are kept purposely small, and intimate. You'll meet new people...unless you are a hermit.

CFM has more dates coming up in 2019, with several Laguna Seca ..advise you put these in your calendar, they will sell out.

In closing, I was really surprised that I was the only Porsche car out there. And with 7 hours of Open Track time available.

Quick Reply: Big Willow Jan 19th