Rear end wagging

Old 11-15-2018, 04:46 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Ill try dropping it down from 35 to 33.

I’m still waiting on the numbers also.. going to bug the shop Saturday

Originally Posted by mistermct
I'm starting to think it's just your sensitive butt dyno. I would absolutely expect that behavior from my car - any lift slightly increases the slip angle. This car is super sensitive to pressures and alignment so I would try lowering your pressure in the rear a couple psi more (i think you're at 35?) to give you more grip back there.. my conclusion was that 32-34 psi cold rear made for nice driveability. Anything higher and the back feels unsettled to me. Also a bit more rear toe may help... still waiting on those alignment specs to tell for sure...
Old 11-21-2018, 01:43 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Suggestion

Based on a recommendation from Rennlister cgfen, one very knowledgable Porsche GT3 chap, he referred me to Adam Gill, Vollig Motorwerkes in Del Mar Heights. Adam is presently in the process of transitioning to a brand new full service shop in the Miramar area. Presently he is working out of his home garage. Adam knows his stuff like few others. He has done a number of minor things on my car, focused generally on undoing past sketchy work performed on my car. He also builds track cars, and maintains street cars. Presently he is pretty slammed but if you can get in, it will be worth the wait.

I am certain he can diagnose the source of the problem(s) you are having. Send him an email adam.gill.m@gmail.com and set up an appointment. Welcome to the San Diego GT3 "Club". I don't have an accurate count of GT3 cars locally, but I suspect at least 10, maybe more.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:47 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive got about 800 miles on the car so far, the more i drive it the more i like it!

Took advantage of Black Friday sales and bought some RSS engine mounts.

Name:  OS2ZpDxl.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  62.5 KB

Still waiting on my alignment numbers from the shop, they haven't had time to make up the setup sheet . I did stop over and they showed me the rough sheet, it came in at 3321lbs with about 155lbs in the driver seat and about a half tank of gas. This is all stock, full size battery...etc.

Corner weights were as follows with the cross weight coming in at 49.98%...pretty good .

686 / 636
1024 / 975

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear end wagging