Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-upholstering Euro 996 GT3 seats?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 02:36 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 323 Posts
Default Re-upholstering Euro 996 GT3 seats?

So I have a set of these seats and the butt cushions are showing a decent amount of wear. Mostly just creases but so far my Zymol leather conditioner isn't making any real difference in making them go away or better.

I think it's time to get them redone. Where have all you guys gone to have this done and are you happy with the results? I'm really thinking of just doing the center butt/back sections in black alcantara so my OCD doesn't go nuts over the color/grain differences of the new leather...
Old 10-27-2018, 09:20 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte
So I have a set of these seats and the butt cushions are showing a decent amount of wear. Mostly just creases but so far my Zymol leather conditioner isn't making any real difference in making them go away or better.

I think it's time to get them redone. Where have all you guys gone to have this done and are you happy with the results? I'm really thinking of just doing the center butt/back sections in black alcantara so my OCD doesn't go nuts over the color/grain differences of the new leather...
Carnewal offer an alcantara kit to do the parts you are talking about, I’m fairly sure. It’s on their website under interior upgrades I believe.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:59 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 323 Posts

The Carnewal kit is aftermarket. No reason to buy it from them (overseas from me) when I can go to any local upholstery shop and get the exact same thing. Then not have to deal with a place overseas, thousands of miles away from me if there's a problem...

If they were selling OEM, Porsche parts then I'd have no problem ordering from them.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:16 AM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

I had a local shop redo my seats. I did the get the Carnewal alcantara covers 10 years ago, but it was time for a change. Easy for any good shop to recreate the cushions and copy the originals.
Chet

Old 12-15-2018, 06:51 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte

Docwyte,

We offer full foam and fabric replacements for your seats. Visit our website to see the options and fabrics available. We can also source custom fabric for your 996 Carbon Fiber seats.

-
Porsche Speedster & 918 Spyder

- Recaro Pole Position Seats

Featured Options:
- Integrated Lumbar Support (inflatable)
- Memory Foam
Old 12-17-2018, 08:55 PM
P-nache
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Josh, have you talked with Autoweave in Arvada? They have quite a good rep.

Quick Reply: Re-upholstering Euro 996 GT3 seats?