Sponsored by:

Rear remote reservoir mounting location

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 09:36 PM
Burger
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Rear remote reservoir mounting location

Anyone running non-quick disconnect remote reservoirs have a suggestion for mounting location for the rear of the car?

Old 05-04-2018, 11:27 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Looks and works real nice if the hoses are long enough to get them inside the cabin and mount them to the harness bar.

Swine11 ReBoot - 964 / 993 Shift Boot Trim Panel

2004 996 GT3 | 1986 Carrera 3.2 (future Keen Project) | 2016 Cayenne Diesel

Old 05-05-2018, 08:30 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by onelove
Looks and works real nice if the hoses are long enough to get them inside the cabin and mount them to the harness bar.
without the quick disconnects you have to drill a 4” hole in the tub to get the canisters inside the car which is no bueno. Can’t pull the lines to route them as you will get air in the lines and need to bleed them.

Jason, mine are mounted between the plastic under body panel and the unibody just ahead of the rear wheels. I have the ***** just barely exposed in the wheel well so that I can reach in and make adjustments quickly. Everything is secured with super high tech....zip ties ;-)
Old 05-05-2018, 09:36 AM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Doh, Skim passed the non-quick disconnect line.

My usual method is similar to Andy's , we'll typically build a bracket using a half'd aluminum tube and find an existing set of mounting holes to borrow and build a bracket off that. Zipties work as do hose clamps with a thin piece of rubber sandwiched around it to protect the reservoir. As far away from the tire as possible while still being able to get to the adjusters the better. Picture below is of a 964 we just did with the covers removed.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:17 PM
Sveach756
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I literally just installed the same generation shock a month or so ago. I wasn't ready to pay 800$ for QD fittings on top of the rebuild I just paid for, like you I overlooked the QD while rebuilding. I talked to inertia motorsports who rebuilt my shocks and it was suggested to me that I could discharge the nitrogen, fully extend the shock then route the new longer lines I purchased. I lost 10ml of fluid in each shock and was able to refill the lost fluid in the new lines.

I'll update this later with more information (just off night shift and not quite clear)

Shawn
Old 05-06-2018, 09:33 AM
Burger
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone. I found a place that looks like it will work. Can always change it later.

Screw clamps and zip ties FTW!
Old 05-07-2018, 01:14 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 202 Posts

The cup car has them just behind the rear wheel, easy to access by reaching under the bumper and does not require a lot of hose. No good if you have the side mufflers in place however.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:36 AM
Burger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spiller
The cup car has them just behind the rear wheel, easy to access by reaching under the bumper and does not require a lot of hose. No good if you have the side mufflers in place however.
Yeah, pretty much where I ended up. I don't have mufflers, so I put them on the inside as far away from tire debris as possible. I can get to the from under the car, too.

Quick Reply: Rear remote reservoir mounting location