Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 09:35 AM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by SJJ28
This car is worth $80+

Any 997.1 that's near that price won't be a very good example.
I have a 15k mile white 996 GT3, all original all stock. I wouldn't sell it for $100k, and I have a lot of other cars....
Mine has 22k miles, original owner, with moderate upgrades but all Porsche items. I was offered $100k sight unseen and passed. The car in OP is worth $80k+.
Chet
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2018, 09:49 AM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CME
Mine has 22k miles, original owner, with moderate upgrades but all Porsche items. I was offered $100k sight unseen and passed. The car in OP is worth $80k+.
Chet
The good ones are few and far between. The perfect ones are nearly unavailable.

I now know of 4 cars, including yours and mine, 2 that were offered $100, and two that were sold for $100k+, with between 9 and 22k Miles.

Following what the majority are listed at, does not make one an expert on the market. Most sales of these cars go un documented as far as sales price. Especially the perfect ones...
Old 02-02-2018, 07:47 PM
Anthony Lovero
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DRPM
assuming a clean DME
70-75k US$
95-100 C$
what do you consider a clean DME? Is that zero overrevs, or would stage2 overrevs that occurred 200 hours ago still constitute a “clean DME”
Old 02-03-2018, 08:47 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

I now know of 4 cars, including yours and mine, 2 that were offered $100, and two that were sold for $100k+, with between 9 and 22k Miles.

Following what the majority are listed at, does not make one an expert on the market. Most sales of these cars go un documented as far as sales price. Especially the perfect ones...
I agree that there are many undocumented sales happening with cars of this nature, however, just because someone offered you 100k for your car, does not in any way indicate what the market will offer for these cars.

Here is a perfect example of the real "market":

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...che-gt3-2.html

Listed on RL for 99k, no bites, then it popped up on ebay for ~93k......not sure if it ever sold but you get the idea.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:13 AM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 121 Posts

The best always trade under the radar. I've purchased a number of bikes and cars via private sales. Enthusiasts like to sell among themselves. Networking affords more opportunities to purchase an item before anyone else ever picks up the scent. I've heard the phrase "I didn't know it was for sale" more than once. Or, how about: "Where did you find that? "It wasn't on eBay!" LOL
Old 02-03-2018, 12:47 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 707 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Rosspbig
I agree that there are many undocumented sales happening with cars of this nature, however, just because someone offered you 100k for your car, does not in any way indicate what the market will offer for these cars.

Listed on RL for 99k, no bites, then it popped up on ebay for ~93k......not sure if it ever sold but you get the idea.
silver. I hate to say it, but that plays a part. The special/uncommon colors do much better. Silver is literally the most common and imho the most “blah” 996 color (no offense to silver lovers, I had an Arctic 996tt for 5 years)
Old 02-03-2018, 10:26 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Rosspbig

My comment about the offer for $100k (actually plus!) was in response to a comment that "I'd never get it"
Old 02-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts

Passenger side suspension

Drivers side suspension,

Engine bay, sans engine, out for coolant pipe welding

New iron rotors with PCCB brakes now on the shelf, Pagid pads too.
"The best always trade under the radar." That's how I got my Carrera White GT3 Mk.2. I had the fever, was looking...seems that there was a constant with GT3 cars at that time:
1. They were, with one exception, all on the opposite coast,
2. They were all dark colors, black, etc.

I wanted to actually see the car, before buying it, and I wanted Carrera White. Voila, I heard a rumor that there was a white GT3 for sale (FSBO), Carrera White and PCCB brakes***, at BBI in Huntington Beach, CA. The owner was having Betim Berisha at BBI sell it for him. The seller is a collector and a very busy guy...so I worked with Betim on the sale..knowing Betim since 2002, I trusted him. When he told me the car was in excellent shape, I still asked him for a DME report...it was clean, the car had 10,100 miles on it, Carrera White, I pulled the trigger. Wired the funds, and off to pick up the car.

Damn, what a beast. The PO, or one of the POs, had the underside of the car detailed. I'll see if I can post a few pics. He also added a IPD plenum with a 997 GT3 throttle body and added screens to the radiators. I paid a little north of $75,000 for car, and don't regret it for a minute. Sold the 993 for a $53,000, the delta was acceptable considering what I got, a newer car, a prime limited example of a limited edition in Carrera White...not too many of them around.

Now the question comes up, do I park it for most of the time preserving the low miles, or drive it like I stole it. I have gone with the latter approach, and am in the process of prepping it for Time Trial with all that you would expect, welded cooling lines, roll bar, Recaro racing seat, ***off with the PCCB brakes, GIRO 2 piece on front and 997 (Turbo?) 350mm brakes on the rear, steel wheel studs replacing the Lug bolts and an extra set of 6GT3 wheels. I also had the car covered in XPEL, and will also tint the exterior of the windshield. The icing on the cake, I am off to Willow Springs in a few weeks, to experience the thrill of WOT in 4th gear. Can't do that safely on the street.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:09 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.

Passenger side suspension

Drivers side suspension,

Engine bay, sans engine, out for coolant pipe welding

New iron rotors with PCCB brakes now on the shelf, Pagid pads too.
"The best always trade under the radar." That's how I got my Carrera White GT3 Mk.2. I had the fever, was looking...seems that there was a constant with GT3 cars at that time:
1. They were, with one exception, all on the opposite coast,
2. They were all dark colors, black, etc.

I wanted to actually see the car, before buying it, and I wanted Carrera White. Voila, I heard a rumor that there was a white GT3 for sale (FSBO), Carrera White and PCCB brakes***, at BBI in Huntington Beach, CA. The owner was having Betim Berisha at BBI sell it for him. The seller is a collector and a very busy guy...so I worked with Betim on the sale..knowing Betim since 2002, I trusted him. When he told me the car was in excellent shape, I still asked him for a DME report...it was clean, the car had 10,100 miles on it, Carrera White, I pulled the trigger. Wired the funds, and off to pick up the car.

Damn, what a beast. The PO, or one of the POs, had the underside of the car detailed. I'll see if I can post a few pics. He also added a IPD plenum with a 997 GT3 throttle body and added screens to the radiators. I paid a little north of $75,000 for car, and don't regret it for a minute. Sold the 993 for a $53,000, the delta was acceptable considering what I got, a newer car, a prime limited example of a limited edition in Carrera White...not too many of them around.

Now the question comes up, do I park it for most of the time preserving the low miles, or drive it like I stole it. I have gone with the latter approach, and am in the process of prepping it for Time Trial with all that you would expect, welded cooling lines, roll bar, Recaro racing seat, ***off with the PCCB brakes, GIRO 2 piece on front and 997 (Turbo?) 350mm brakes on the rear, steel wheel studs replacing the Lug bolts and an extra set of 6GT3 wheels. I also had the car covered in XPEL, and will also tint the exterior of the windshield. The icing on the cake, I am off to Willow Springs in a few weeks, to experience the thrill of WOT in 4th gear. Can't do that safely on the street.
Nice,

So glad to hear that you saved this car from its misery. They are so much fun to drive when set up correctly. Sounds like you found yourself a very nice example.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:16 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts

Love this car.....it just seems to do everything very, very well. My only regret is not getting one sooner.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:22 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Someone posted a 49k mile white car in classifieds today with decent options like full leather, deviated stitching and a good amount of carbon bits. Asking $69k
Old 02-04-2018, 08:34 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Someone posted a 49k mile white car in classifieds today with decent options like full leather, deviated stitching and a good amount of carbon bits. Asking $69k
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...gt3-white.html

For reference...doesn't sound like the current owner knows the history of the car (which is scary). No discussion of pinned coolant pipes or LSD being rebuilt. Carfax.ru images also sketchy.

No front lip...no stock parts. Mixed exhaust pieces (and I really dislike the rear muffler). No bucket seats with cage...rear tires hardly look "like new"

$69k seems about right for a car with an unknown history and questionable mod selection...
Old 02-10-2018, 09:58 PM
drola
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by lax01
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...gt3-white.html

For reference...doesn't sound like the current owner knows the history of the car (which is scary). No discussion of pinned coolant pipes or LSD being rebuilt. Carfax.ru images also sketchy.

No front lip...no stock parts. Mixed exhaust pieces (and I really dislike the rear muffler). No bucket seats with cage...rear tires hardly look "like new"

$69k seems about right for a car with an unknown history and questionable mod selection...
That’s my car. Correct, i don’t have history. You may not like the exhaust, but it sounds spectacular and having cats will still pass emitions. Don’t know if
you ever bought a new set of michelin pilot sports, but they don’t come with all that much meat from factory. Front lip? They didn’t come with a front lip. Carfax is there for reference. I posted the vin #. By all means, feel free to pull your own carfax. You’ll get the exact same thing. Pinned pipes, well, all anyone needs to do is ask. I’ll gladly check. Lsd grips like crazy. Don’t know if it has ever been rebuilt but it works as it should.
So yes, $69k obo, i feel, is a very reasonable price for the car as it sits. And it’s white ;-) Any doubts, by all means buy yourself a plane ticket into fort lauderdale and come see it for yourself. It is as represented.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:24 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by drola

That’s my car. Correct, i don’t have history. You may not like the exhaust, but it sounds spectacular and having cats will still pass emitions. Don’t know if
you ever bought a new set of michelin pilot sports, but they don’t come with all that much meat from factory. Front lip? They didn’t come with a front lip. Carfax is there for reference. I posted the vin #. By all means, feel free to pull your own carfax. You’ll get the exact same thing. Pinned pipes, well, all anyone needs to do is ask. I’ll gladly check. Lsd grips like crazy. Don’t know if it has ever been rebuilt but it works as it should.
So yes, $69k obo, i feel, is a very reasonable price for the car as it sits. And it’s white ;-) Any doubts, by all means buy yourself a plane ticket into fort lauderdale and come see it for yourself. It is as represented.
For the record, the 996GT3 did come with a front lip...from the factory.

One of my biggest pet peeves is a hastily written FS ads for a car (because why should I waste my time asking a hundred questions when someone could just document the listing properly in the first place - nor am I going to fly across the country for car with an unknown service history)...so please don't take it personally. And CarFax is hardly a perfect source of record for a car...its all based on whether things get reported or not. And since humans need to do the reporting and humans are prone to error, I don't trust the system.

Finally, yes I have purchased brand-new PS2s...they come with 9.5-10/32nd...if I was selling a car, I would provide measurements across the width of the tire to show what actual tread-depth is...
Name:  9tdRcl0h.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  79.9 KB

No lie, I think your car is well priced and well probably sell.

And I'm also **** as **** with cars, just ask Scott about the condition of the car when he got it back...
Old 02-20-2018, 01:50 PM
KenW
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Just browsing the 991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R forum, and seeing the shenanigans going on with Dealers' ADM on new 991.2 GT3s and 991.2 GT3RSs.
No doubt these are superb Porsches.
The soon to follow Next Generation of GT3s are rumoured to be Turbo and PDK, and Faster.
My 6GT3 value is up 10k, and gaining. My enjoyment of my 6GT3 remains "thrilling".

Last edited by KenW; 02-21-2018 at 10:31 AM. Reason: acuracy

Quick Reply: What is my 996 GT3 worth?