Sponsored by:

Winter hibernation - Carcoon storage system

Old 10-25-2017, 11:23 AM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter hibernation - Carcoon storage system

Hi chaps,
just garaged up my car for the winter period. Looking to keep it clean over the months. I use an underground carpark but it isn't completely sealed, so dust and leaves do get in. I looked at the options for covers and chose the Carcoon Veloce system.

For the 911 they recommend the medium sized one, as you can see it fits in my parking bay easily. The base is heavy duty plastic, with a nylon and clear plastic construction. Both side panels unzip, as well as the drive in section at the back. The whole thing has an internal steel frame for support, so you can drive in and out easily.

For the airflow there are two small fans, fitted with 2 layers of filtering, and an integrated battery maintainer to keep the power going.

I like the idea of being able to get in and out easily for cleaning etc, and keeps the cover completely off of the paint surfaces.

I like the quality of construction, and it was pretty quick and easy to install. I will feedback on how clean the car stays at a later date. Price wise a pretty reasonable amount I'd say, which included shipping to Switzerland from the UK. Approximately $700 by the time I pay import duties.

A few pictures to let you see how it looks.

Cheers
Steve

Inflating before support frame fitted

Car tucked away

Size for both parking bay and car is perfect

Last edited by biglicks; 10-25-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:30 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Cool!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Winter hibernation - Carcoon storage system