6GT3 Tequipment Roll Bar and Seat Travel

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 07:51 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Smile 6GT3 Tequipment Roll Bar and Seat Travel

6GT3 Roll Bar and Seat Travel
Wanting to embrace the "Factory" theme, I installed a Factory Tequipment Factory roll bar....damn was that dumb. I had no idea that it would restrict rearward seat travel with my factory seats, as opposed to the GT3 Euro Seats (Available from $3,500 to???).

I am going to my local fabricator next week to see if he can work his magic...I WANT MY FULL SEAT TRAVEL BACK! Both GMG and DASsport assure me that I will get full seat travel with their products. RSS told me that their bar would be no improvement

If he can't it looks like there are three options:
1.) GMG WC Harness-Rollbar, $1,795 (Comes Powder coated)
2.) GMG TSR Harness-Rollbar, $2,395 (Comes Powder coated)
3.) DASsport bolt in roll bar, $1,695 (Bare Metal)

Question, anyone experience my seat travel dilemma with the Tequipment bar? Also, anyone install the GMG of DASsport products?
Old 09-29-2017, 10:08 AM
ad93
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, the back of my sport seats are forever indented thanks to the tequipment roll bar. The electric motor will continue pushing the seat rearward until you take notice of the expensive crunching sound which is the metal roll bar imprinting itself on your previously pristine seat. I'd love be a pair of euro seats, but like you I can't justify the price.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:40 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default Euro GT3 seats and interference with seat travel with a ...

Equipment roll bar.

Basically, to get a bar that reportedly has no interference with a stock 2004 GT3 seat, I'll be spending from $2,900 to $3,600, DASsport & GMG respectively...with all costs including installation.

I am thinking I'd be better off keeping the Tequipment bar and buying GT3 Euro seats, reported to not have rearward seat travel interference issues, maybe get a set for $3,000 to $4,000.

Need confirmation that there is no rearward seat travel interference with Euro GT3 seats and the Tequipment bar. Appreciate any feedback.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:26 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Equipment roll bar.

Basically, to get a bar that reportedly has no interference with a stock 2004 GT3 seat, I'll be spending from $2,900 to $3,600, DASsport & GMG respectively...with all costs including installation.

I am thinking I'd be better off keeping the Tequipment bar and buying GT3 Euro seats, reported to not have rearward seat travel interference issues, maybe get a set for $3,000 to $4,000.

Need confirmation that there is no rearward seat travel interference with Euro GT3 seats and the Tequipment bar. Appreciate any feedback.
I have euro seats and tequipment bar and they go all the way back without hitting the bar. This is with all factory side mounts and sliders and what not. There are side mounts that slightly recline the sat and lower the back...I'd be concerned that with those the seats might hit the bar again. If you go with all factory stuff you should be fine.

Honestly the euro seats are the way to go here. Stock seats with any roll bar is not a great decision from a safety standpoint, you'd be better off with no bar if you retain the factory seats. It's all part of a safety package that should be used as an all or none package
Old 10-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
I have euro seats and tequipment bar and they go all the way back without hitting the bar. This is with all factory side mounts and sliders and what not. There are side mounts that slightly recline the sat and lower the back...I'd be concerned that with those the seats might hit the bar again. If you go with all factory stuff you should be fine.

Honestly the euro seats are the way to go here. Stock seats with any roll bar is not a great decision from a safety standpoint, you'd be better off with no bar if you retain the factory seats. It's all part of a safety package that should be used as an all or none package
Great info, thanks for your feedback. Really appreciate it...will start the search for the Euro GT3 seats.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:10 PM
serickson
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Martin you purchased the harness bar from me. I also have Driver and passenger Euro seats I can sell with OEM parts. Shoot me a PM and I will take pictures tonight. They are in very good condition.

Steve
Old 10-03-2017, 07:20 PM
gt3-4me
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Martin, too bad your not going to spring mountain this weekend. I would let you see how it feels with the euro gt3 seats with the tequipment bar.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:50 PM
john rice
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second using the Factory Euro Bucket seats [yes, "GT3"]. If you push the seat far enough back it will contact the roll bar. I am 5'11" and have plenty of room in any driving position. One other thing to add is that the combination of these seats and the Technik bar means you might want to CLEAN your rear windows before the install as it will be a project afterwards! Have fun.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Gadsby
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

GMG full bar allows seat to go full back but not lay back at full back. I’m 5’7” so racaro is pulled quite a bit forward
Old 10-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Smile All the apps are appreciated

I am certain the issues will be minimal if and when I change the seat....my personal problem, I like the way the 6GT3 stock sport seat fits me, and the overall comfort of the seat. The Tequipment bar is coming out next week. Sell it? Put it in the garage???

I am sending this pic to GMG, DASsport and a few others. Sadly, I have a suspicion that any bar that attaches to the "B" pillar seat belt anchor is going to give me seat grief. Further, I suspect that the only way to address this problem is to install a bar that attaches to the door sill, or the rear passenger floor pan. I am concerned about the strength of a floor pan attachment.
Attached Images  
Old 10-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Gadsby
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Had the car out today, here are picks of stock seat all the way back, both sides are symmetrical with the gmg bar I have. Seats all the way back.

hops this helps!

Old 10-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Had the car out today, here are picks of stock seat all the way back, both sides are symmetrical with the gmg bar I have. Seats all the way back. hope this helps!

Mr. Great Gatsby,

You are indeed great. GMG told me they could do it, you have shown me they can do it! .I'll be in business with GMG, and worth it.

I love the stock GT3 seats, but not for DE/TT: I'll sleep better tonight..thanks for taking the pics!!!!

Quick Reply: 6GT3 Tequipment Roll Bar and Seat Travel