Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   H&R vs Feal coilovers (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/994838-h-and-r-vs-feal-coilovers.html)

Jeremy Hazeltine 06-12-2017 06:59 PM

H&R vs Feal coilovers

I need to go coilovers to get a bit lower stance. I am looking at tne H&R street performance and the Feal 441 kits. Anyone have opinions on these? The feal is a bit cheaper and includes the top mounts, where the h&r will require separate mounts

ejdoherty911 06-12-2017 09:17 PM

You pretty much get what you pay for in suspension components. I have the H&R Street Performance coilovers on my car and I'm happy with them. I have not heard anything bad about H&R. Your post is the first I've seen mention Feal. I don't think the suspension is where you want to go "super cheap."

Slakker 06-12-2017 09:23 PM

Feal looks like a good company and the RL'ers who have tried them have been very pleased. What I like about Feal is that they will custom build your coilovers and select the proper valving and spring rate to meet your application.

Hotrodaxel1976 06-12-2017 10:02 PM

I'm new to the suspension setup as well, I'm looking for the most aggressive handling suspension system that I can buy within budget. I do not Care about comfort one bit what so ever. I'm just looking for the best suspension for smoother road surface.

TonyTwoBags 06-13-2017 05:10 AM

I'm looking for a fun canyon setup to compliment some H&R sways. So far leaning towards putting an OEM M030 setup on the car. Partially to preserve some clearance while improving handling (SLC isn't the most friendly town for stance nation). A distant afterthought is resale, where I assume the market will value M030 a bit higher than a random street coilover setup.

Jeremy Hazeltine 06-13-2017 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by TonyTwoBags (Post 14252214)
I'm looking for a fun canyon setup to compliment some H&R sways. So far leaning towards putting an OEM M030 setup on the car. Partially to preserve some clearance while improving handling (SLC isn't the most friendly town for stance nation). A distant afterthought is resale, where I assume the market will value M030 a bit higher than a random street coilover setup.

M030 isn't low enough for me, and resale is in the dumpster on these cars anyway

Jeremy Hazeltine 06-13-2017 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i like the rear height, but the front just sits too high for me.
this is on the eibach pro springs

Hardback 06-13-2017 10:18 AM

Ive had the H&R setup for years now, not bad. I suggest replacing top mounts and inspecting/replacing control arms as needed while your in there. The cost will add up but doing it right first time around is well worth it. Now that ohlins supplies coilovers I would consider them, more $ but nobody questions their quality.

Hotrodaxel1976 06-13-2017 12:56 PM

I spoke with a gentleman about replacing all the bushes and rubbers on the entire car. He mentioned no specific tools required, can this be done oon at home with common metrics tools, rubber mallet? I'm going to first address all my bushings first with poly. Then The coil over

ejdoherty911 06-13-2017 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Hotrodaxel1976 (Post 14252834)
I spoke with a gentleman about replacing all the bushes and rubbers on the entire car. He mentioned no specific tools required, can this be done oon at home with common metrics tools, rubber mallet? I'm going to first address all my bushings first with poly. Then The coil over

The person you spoke to is an idiot. I would not speak to them again in reference to anything beyond weather, sports, or dessert.

5CHN3LL 06-13-2017 01:10 PM

Check the DIY's on Pelican Parts - they will typically list any special tools you need for the common jobs. Some tools I didn't own before but I now consider "standard" are high-quality micro Torx, a boatload of security Torx, triple-square drivers, both star and allen drivers for the caliper bolts (because I never know what's going to show up), and the monster socket for the hub nut (32mm, I think)...

Hotrodaxel1976 06-13-2017 01:17 PM

Thanks, yes he sounded like he was on the dumb side. So what's needed to press those bushings. 5chnl those are some great suggestions on those tools needed.

Slakker 06-13-2017 01:20 PM

The rubber bushings are fine for street use and occasional track duty. A lot of the bushing will require a press to replace. You really have to go solid bushings everywhere to get a real performance difference. But that's obviously not recommended for the street. The poly's are in between rubber and solid and I think there are a lot of places you can get more performance for your dollar.

white out 06-13-2017 04:59 PM

For my C2 I ran ksport and was very happy with them. They came with solid top mounts and drop links for the rear sway bar. . . and they were able to take the car very low.

TonyTwoBags 06-14-2017 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremy Hazeltine (Post 14252453)
M030 isn't low enough for me, and resale is in the dumpster on these cars anyway

das y I qualified it w 'distant afterthought'

Your car looks great btw, nice work on the setup. :thumbsup: