What are 996.1 "Sport Seats"?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:36 AM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Splitting Atoms
Similar pattern to the inserts with the standard 1999 seats I picked up and the seats in the earlier posts, although it doesn't appear that the head rests of the 996 cars had the embossed headrest. Now I am confident know what to look for.

I did a search on eBay and all of the sport seats with the correct pattern had the hard shell back. None of the backs were covered in leather. I can tell it may take me a while to find a set.
Depending on how you interpret the option code, it could mean leather covered seating area, with hard shell back. However, I have seen seats with full leather, including the back. Likely rare as hens teeth, so if it's a good price, and a true sport seat with hard shell back you might want to pick it up, and just have the back covered with a decent grade of leather.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:14 PM
Volkert
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dan_189
There is another "sport" seat with larger bolsters, unsure if they were available in 99'. These might be the hardback version Dan is referring to:

These are sportseats indeed and I have them in my 01/1998 996. So I guess they are also in MY99 cars.
Option code 375/376. See attached options overview for my car.

Volkert

Quick Reply: What are 996.1 "Sport Seats"?