Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

PSA: If you upgraded your Durametric software before May 3rd, upgrade it again!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Aero Engr
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

This is my first post here, will provide a proper intro in due time.

I replaced the passenger window regulator a couple of weeks ago (the help from this forum was amazing). The airbag light resulted, and I suffered through what others have described, including making a call to Durametric a week before the new sw release and being told it was the car's fault. After paying the dealer 1/2 hour of labor to clear the light, I sent Duramatric a little note this morning, then came across this thread.

Then this afternoon my passenger window stopped working, so I tore it down and fixed the result of my ham-handedness, and was able to reset the airbag light with the latest Durametric SW.

Bottom line: When i called Durametric a couple of weeks ago i should have been told a fix was in process.

Rich in PLacitas
Old 05-07-2017, 12:25 AM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Rich ,
Welcome and thank you for your Post.
Some of us are rooting for Durametric ,hoping they will have an Epiphany before they destroy their own market. The reason we are hoping is that we've spent significant time and money on their product. We recommend it by inference - because we tell Forum members to use it !
Your Note may be the test we need to indicate which way Durametric is headed.
It would be most helpful if your share with us the gist of their reply(if any).
Their product is great. Their service seems to be have been unpredictable for a long time. In fact the best 'Service' I have seen for Durametric is on RennTech from JFP, Ahsai and their buddies on that Forum.
In theory you can call their Tech Help but....
Durametric Software, Inc.
61451 Parrell Road
Bend, OR 97702
888-854-5523
RECENT NEWS:
There has been an major update to Durametric.No word on specifics from D/M but check their site to download the latest version
Although Durametric do not respond here ,Foxwell do.They even quote this thread in their promotions of the 530Pro see link below
http://www.foxwellsupport.com/foxwel...yers-amateurs/

Last edited by Schnell Gelb; 03-26-2019 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:28 AM
charlieaf92
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

For what it's worth I called them a while back with a prepurchase question. Got right through and had my question answered immediately.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:59 AM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Great news.
But the problems mentioned are after the sale - when you try to use it and fail.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:10 AM
eddielasvegas
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Exactly and thanks for pointing this out.

Admitting your SW has a "feature" and saying you are going to fix it and then not, is so not kewl.

Eddie

Originally Posted by Schnell Gelb
Great news.
But the problems mentioned are after the sale - when you try to use it and fail.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:56 PM
stacksniffer
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eddielasvegas
Exactly and thanks for pointing this out.

Admitting your SW has a "feature" and saying you are going to fix it and then not, is so not kewl.

Eddie
I too wasted good money on this garbage. They must have high school kids writing their software. Pathetic garbage is about all I can say for Durametric

Last edited by stacksniffer; 06-02-2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Most of the complaints about Durametric would be solved by:
1. customer service - for example answering questions on Rennlist
2. Notify us when there are updates that make the product work again !
3. Ask us what other features it needs to remain competitive.
4. Point out the risks/limitations of the $20 EBay clone "Durametric" cables
5. Make it faster to get to the screen you need by storing & using all the logon/Vehicle details. For example if you are trying to monitor prect O2 sensor voltage to asses the SAI system's effectiveness, it is almost impossible to get to that screen before the wave form changes to sine.Not cool !
6. Tell us the plans for a future Durametric with a dongle+smart phone.That seems to be the way of the future? See Amazon link following
Amazon Amazon

The best resource I have found is JFP on Renntech for Durametric questions. They owe him a small fortune in referral fees LOL !
Old 06-02-2017, 09:24 PM
thechileman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info on the update! I had an airbag light I couldn't reset, and fortunately hadn't gotten around to troubleshooting it. I downloaded the new software, and the light reset no problem!
Old 06-03-2017, 01:08 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts

First off, Pros shouldn't be using a Durametric. A PIWIS, Autologic or etc are the tools that most pros are trained to use. These tools allow many more things to be done including new & existing module reprogramming, coding, as well as coding keys, and etc.

If a Porsche shop only has a Duramatric, they cannot effective service these entire vehicles.

That said, the Durametric is a powerful tool, and I have two of them. There are a couple of things that the Durametric does better than an 80,000 dollar Pro tool. One of those is live data logs, and plotting.

I even have some cars that none of my other tools will talk to. All the time I have modules that a PIWIS won't talk to, and the Durametric will.

This is a powerful tool, and the fact that it doesn't talk to every car isn't a big deal.

Spend 80K on a scan tool, and let it also not talk to a 99 C2, call that company... They will care even less than Durametric will. Trust me, I deal with it all the time.

I have been working with Durham for years, as a customer.... Never had a problem with products or support. None of my customers have ever complained to me either, after I recommended that the buy a Durametric so I can help them with their engine. Trust me, if those units didn't work, I'd hear about it, and it would be my fault for recommending it.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:19 AM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Jake,
Thank you for the reassurance on Durametric and the endorsement of Autologic. I had only used the Autologic for Land Rover.To be fair to Durametric ,the price for Autologic is stratospheric for diy !

Quick Reply: PSA: If you upgraded your Durametric software before May 3rd, upgrade it again!