bal
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ Please keep updating.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:30 AM
djbooya
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have not replaced the second latch yet since the re-occurrence of the issue is very infrequent right now. I have the part on standby though for when it gets annoying. At the time I replaced the driver latch it was happening daily and I could almost reproduce it reliably locking/unlocking the car with remote 5-10 times in a row.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:36 PM
javtower
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi and thanks for the great thread!

I have a 2004 C4S cab and it had the problem of the driver's side window not dropping. After removing the cover I found that the outside handle microswitch had been disconnected and the window lowered so it was permanently in the same position. The key fob worked without problems but the wind noise was very annoying.

Connected the microswitch cable and it did not help. Suspected the door lock mechanism so I purchased a new one from Pelican Parts and installed it. Al window issues were resolved but now.... I have the double beep, key fob twice to lock, permanently on rocker switch problem described here.

Is there some sort of reset required after the new door lock mechanism is installed? I don't have a scanning tool.

I appreciate any insight you may have.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:51 PM
djbooya
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by javtower

I have a 2004 C4S cab and it had the problem of the driver's side window not dropping. After removing the cover I found that the outside handle microswitch had been disconnected and the window lowered so it was permanently in the same position. The key fob worked without problems but the wind noise was very annoying.

Connected the microswitch cable and it did not help. Suspected the door lock mechanism so I purchased a new one from Pelican Parts and installed it. Al window issues were resolved but now.... I have the double beep, key fob twice to lock, permanently on rocker switch problem described here.

Is there some sort of reset required after the new door lock mechanism is installed? I don't have a scanning tool.

2 possibilities I can think of:
1) other door lock has an issue
2) some issue with alarm module

You can either experiment or get the car scanned to validate. Others with more experience may have better feedback as well.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:22 PM
bal
Burning Brakes

Codes have probably been thrown that you would only see with a diagnostics tool like Durametric. However, I do not know if the stored codes are enough to cause a double beep or whether there has to be a detected error in the system when the ignition is turned on and it self-tests.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:23 PM
bal
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by djbooya
2 possibilities I can think of:
1) other door lock has an issue
2) some issue with alarm module

You can either experiment or get the car scanned to validate. Others with more experience may have better feedback as well.
Unfortunately in my case, the Porsche test tools do not seem to want to communicate with the alarm module properly. Kind of points to a fault in the unit.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:02 AM
javtower
5th Gear

Hey, thanks for the insight!
Turns out that the locking mechanism that Pelican sent was the U.S. spec and my car is ROW...took it into the dealer and forked over $800 but it works like a charm now.
I did not know that the default format for parts from Pelican was U.S. model only. I guess it makes sense but it would be better to at least ask iif its US or ROW and offer the alternative.

Cheers!
Old 11-27-2017, 11:21 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Hey, thanks for the insight!
Turns out that the locking mechanism that Pelican sent was the U.S. spec and my car is ROW...took it into the dealer and forked over $800 but it works like a charm now.
I did not know that the default format for parts from Pelican was U.S. model only. I guess it makes sense but it would be better to at least ask iif its US or ROW and offer the alternative.

Cheers!
Great that you got it fixed - if there's ever any question about parts, I always include my VIN. Surprised Pelican didn't ask for it.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:25 PM
grey goose
1st Gear

My problems are very similar but more inconsistent and harder to pin down. I began several months ago with a double-beep either on unlock with remote or by pulling inside door latch. No flashing turn signal lights. Remote still locked and unlocked the doors and remote frunk button worked, it just gave the alarm fault double beep. About 7 weeks ago I replaced and re-trained the sunroof motor, and all of the central locking problems disappeared - until last night when they all came back just as before. After reading through this thread, I tried several non-invasive exploratory procedures (no, I'm not a surgeon), and what worked was to turn the ignition switch to off and open the driver's door before removing the key from the switch. All functions are now normal, but I have no idea how long that will last. Cwilt mentioned the switch as a possible culprit, and I wonder if it has anything to do with my situation. Remember, symptoms are pretty fluid and variable and not always repeatable, so I'm guessing that something as loosely constructed (relatively speaking) as an ignition switch could provide enough play to cause erratic behavior. Please excuse my lack of ability to articulate my issues very well - they're such a moving target I don't know how to describe them. Anyhow, you guys are doing a great job and I appreciate all you've offered so far. I just thought I'd throw in my two-cents' worth.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:15 AM
jayi836
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 137 Posts

I have a similar issues with a chattering from the window motor when the passenger door is closed the first time. This is on a 2001 996TT new purchase a few days ago.The battery was replaced when the car was delivered so did not clear any of these codes yet. All issues described on the passager door.
The second issue is the interior light is not working at all with this door open.
I took the door panel off to fix what i though was a micro switch problem, after taking the panel off the window started lowering again! Tested each micro switch over 30 times with a meter and they were solid.
As most of you have already guessed, everything worked for a few minutes after I put the panel back on and not it’s not lowering again.
Any thoughts??? Micro switches are good on the (2) handles.My guess is it the latch? guessing so as the interior light not working at all from this door.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:14 PM
bbboomer67
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Question: My fuel filler cover lock is inoperable. Will that cause a double beep when locking the car with the fob?
Old 03-01-2018, 05:21 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,091 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by bbboomer67
Question: My fuel filler cover lock is inoperable. Will that cause a double beep when locking the car with the fob?
Yes. Any open zone detected by the alarm/immobilizer will cause a double beep.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:04 PM
jayi836
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 137 Posts

I replaced the drivers latch and solved the chatter and window dip problem, cleared all the codes and still have codes 47 and 61.
is it the drivers side too? anyone know how they sync? and is there away to test for the unlock limit?
Old 04-11-2022, 10:28 PM
GRIEHL
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

@bbboomer67 I know this is 4 years old....lol.....Im fighting a double beep and I have a code for the gas door lock motor....Im assuming you replaced it -- did it fix the double beep?

Do you remember: when your gas door lock motor was inop did it cause the lock button on the dash to NOT work?

thanks
Old 04-12-2022, 08:04 AM
bbboomer67
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GRIEHL
@bbboomer67 I know this is 4 years old....lol.....Im fighting a double beep and I have a code for the gas door lock motor....Im assuming you replaced it -- did it fix the double beep?

Do you remember: when your gas door lock motor was inop did it cause the lock button on the dash to NOT work?

thanks
I don't remember! Sorry.

Quick Reply: Alarm double beep and central locking frustration