Sponsored by:

Reliable online discount OEM parts dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 11:49 AM
MikeA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reliable online discount OEM parts dealer

I just purchased a 996 and need some parts. I go online to sites like PelicanParts and they make you order and pay without even specifying if part is in stock or has additional overseas charges. So pay and pray.

I go to local dealers if part is not discounted online. But for interior parts, seems like online venders offer better discounts.

From your experiences, what online venders are honest about parts availability, offer returns, maybe free shipping?
Old 04-30-2017, 12:04 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 774 Likes on 496 Posts

Well, my experiences sound very different from your premise.

Warehouse 33(extra discount for entering "Rennlist" code)
Suncoast Porsche Parts
Auto Atlanta
and, yes, even Pelican Parts. In fact I ordered non-returnable carpet mats for my 2005 996 based on advice from a Pelican customer service rep. Well I got 997 mats and they took them back.

Some vendors offer OEM and other manufacturer parts, so you can decide which you want. I have not had any problems with any of the vendors I have ordered from and I have never priced at a Porsche dealer!
Old 04-30-2017, 12:12 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeA
I just purchased a 996 and need some parts. I go online to sites like PelicanParts and they make you order and pay without even specifying if part is in stock or has additional overseas charges. So pay and pray.

I go to local dealers if part is not discounted online. But for interior parts, seems like online venders offer better discounts.

From your experiences, what online venders are honest about parts availability, offer returns, maybe free shipping?
The 3 S's -

http://www.sonnenporscheoemparts.com
http://www.sunsetporscheparts.com
https://www.suncoastparts.comSuncoast - Florida

All 3 are great to deal with, havediscounted prices, no sales tax but no free shipping. Sometimes your local dealer will match or come close to the online prices - you have to ask and don't forget the 10% PCA discount.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:15 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

+1
Old 04-30-2017, 12:15 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Seldom beat RND Euro Parts for price on genuine parts. Balky site but reliable for correct part info.
http://store.rndeuroparts.com/catalog/Porsche
Old 04-30-2017, 02:01 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeA

Pelican Parts is one of my last stops, only if I can't find it somewhere else.

Warehouse 33 - Good prices terrible site... huge waste of time - rarely wind up ordering anything, as they NEVER have all the parts I need, and the site makes you re-enter all the car data between every part. Truly madening. Justin says it's "being fixed/updated" since Forever...

Auto Atlanta - good site, great parts drawings (my goto to find parts), usually decent prices - except for shipping. I still wind up buying a lot of stuff from them.

Suncoast - good site easy to shop, goodprices. Not great shipping prices. I usually only buy from them if I can't find something somewhere else, or if the price is crazy good (they have great sales).

ECS Tuning - Usually pretty good prices, fairly convenient site, parts limited - easy to shop, usually free shipping over $49 (I think maybe sometimes it's $75... not sure, but I think it changes).

Rock Auto - Always worth a look - usually several price points on similar parts. If you know what you're looking for, it can be a really good site

RND Europarts - per SG, dodgy site

Tarret Racing - Great for upgraded suspension parts (drop links, sways, toe links, control arms, top mounts etc...)

Good luck
Old 04-30-2017, 02:17 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Sunsetporscheparts.com for genuine parts

Great price and service.

It lets you enter the VIN when submitting the order and they WILL verify the parts for fitment. If you order something that's not for your car, they will call you and let you know.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:42 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 328 Posts

I've used almost all of the sites listed above and have never had a problem with any of them.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:03 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

I've got about 50 online vendors on my favorites folder in my browser. Have not had any problems with any of them. For me, it's all about the total price: parts plus taxes (if any) plus shipping. Having said that, I usually end up buying from SunCoast Porsche, SunSet Prosche, or Pelican. Don't forget the local Porsche dealer. Sometimes the total cost of buying it local beats the online total cost. Sometimes
Old 04-30-2017, 05:43 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Warehouse33auto.com is my first choice. I agree that the website is a little balky if you are ordering multiple parts, but a couple of extra clicks is a small penalty for the significant savings when using the "RENNLIST" promo code.

Jason's shipping prices are consistently cheaper to boot.

And if I can't find something on the website, I just call in and Jason will get it for me. He even set up an account with an aftermarket body parts vendor just to get me a discount on a front bumper cover for my S430.

I have ordered several times over the years from ECS Tuning, Pelican, Sunset and have been very pleased also. I generally cross-shop a couple of vendors before I order something, but I always include Warehouse33auto.com when shopping.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:41 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 622 Posts

For new parts I buy everything I can from Pelican Parts. They aren't always the cheapest but any time I've had a problem they always make it right, no questions asked.

For used parts I buy from DC Automotive. Same deal, great customer service.

To me great customer service is worth a couple bucks more.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:53 PM
napoleon1981
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahsai
Sunsetporscheparts.com for genuine parts

Great price and service.

It lets you enter the VIN when submitting the order and they WILL verify the parts for fitment. If you order something that's not for your car, they will call you and let you know.
This!
Old 05-01-2017, 12:44 AM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Give Roger a try at 928sRUS. He's on vac right now, but I'm betting if you order something from him, you'll like the prices and the service. He carries a large line of parts for 966.

928sRUS.com ask for Roger(5/9 return).
Old 05-01-2017, 08:59 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by kcattorney
Warehouse33auto.com is my first choice. I agree that the website is a little balky if you are ordering multiple parts, but a couple of extra clicks is a small penalty for the significant savings when using the "RENNLIST" promo code.

Jason's shipping prices are consistently cheaper to boot.

And if I can't find something on the website, I just call in and Jason will get it for me. He even set up an account with an aftermarket body parts vendor just to get me a discount on a front bumper cover for my S430.

I have ordered several times over the years from ECS Tuning, Pelican, Sunset and have been very pleased also. I generally cross-shop a couple of vendors before I order something, but I always include Warehouse33auto.com when shopping.
I agree that Jason is a good guy and great to deal with, but the site is TERRIBLE - there's really no excuse for that in this day and age...I hope he gets it together
Old 05-01-2017, 12:12 PM
KoB
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In addition to Pelican Parts and ECS Tuning, I've gotten parts from both warehouse33auto.com and rennpart.com. All are forum sponsors. I got good service from all; warehouse 33 and rennpart had particularly good pricing.

Quick Reply: Reliable online discount OEM parts dealer