996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

When to replace sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 04:04 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

By lowering your ride height it'll be necessary to stiffen the suspension (unless you want your wheels to hit the arches/wells - you don't...). I can't speak to the M030, but I did Bilstein B8's with H&R sport springs and can say it's not even close to "punishing"... Not even "harsh". It is very firm or "tight" but it's actually smoother over bumps than my worn out stock suspension was. * I also do mono-ball top mounts, and have since done H&R heavy duty sways - it's still not punishing, though it's very flat through turns
Old 04-29-2017, 04:39 PM
Vancouver996
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Mo30 is fine for street use , and only just ok for track use
It's a fast road , street set up. That's where Porsche puts it , otherwise the gt3 would have come with it , and it didn't it has coilovers

Bang for the buck m030 is a great street set up , the springs that come with it are more compliant than eibach or h&r lowering springs , and its well priced .

Give all of your suspension bushes a good inspection and replace the ones with any wear .
By now even a zero mile 996 will have tired bushes , and there are lots of them.
Putting new sway bars , dampers and springs on a car will highlight worn bushes , so it's not a bad idea to do it all at once .

Last edited by Vancouver996; 04-29-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Quick Reply: When to replace sway bars