Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 12:15 PM
jovi75
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mumble mumble noise at min rpm 996

Hi guys,

i hope everybody is fine ...
well i've a little problema in my old c2 128.000km of1999.
i've used it for a videoclip of my band and i've let it at min rpm for one hour.

after the session i've found a little bit of water under the left side of the Car ... but i've thought of having filled too much the water tank... i've done the same morning water level with a new cup.

when i came back home in my box ... i've noted a different noise only when the motor is nearly at min rpm .... what fan i do ?...,
i've bought an electronic sthethoscope .. so i'll check fronte outside each bearing 🤔🤔🤔.
if you have any ideasssss tell me 😜.

bongi
from
ITALY
Old 04-24-2017, 12:51 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,673 Likes on 923 Posts

Hey Bongi,

So far this is what we know...
1. You let your 1999 Carrera idle for an hour
2. You're in a band and it was used as a prop for a music video?
3. Afterwards, you see water under the car.
4. You think you "filled too much". Coolant? Water? Beer? Urine???
5. You say, "I've done the same morning water level with a new cup". Huh? You or the car?
6. You say, "When I came back home in my box". Please tell us you don't travel around in a card board box.
7. You ask, "What fan I do?" Answer- KickAss Fans are the best on the market. I highly recommend them.
8. You ask, "if you have any ideasssss tell me." Answer - Maybe post a link to a YouTube video. That would help, because it's little hard to follow your description.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:02 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 543 Posts

And the new week has begun!
Old 04-24-2017, 02:07 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,091 Likes on 701 Posts

Do they even allow Porsche's in Italy?

That aside, idling the car for an hour is not a good idea. Probably overheated and puked coolant out the relief valve.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:18 PM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

in 1998 our town was victim to a really bad ice storm. knocked out power for 3 weeks.

we had waited in a home hardware parking lot along with ~20 other people....overnight...waiting for the doors to open so we could buy one of the last generators.

everyone slept in their vehicles while they idled in the cold. I'm sure it was over 6 hours of idling. that was our dodge caravan. sold it with over 250k km on it. it was on its 3rd transmission though.haha
Old 04-24-2017, 02:24 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by b3freak
Hey Bongi,

So far this is what we know...
5. You say, "I've done the same morning water level with a new cup". Huh? You or the car?
6. You say, "When I came back home in my box". Please tell us you don't travel around in a card board box.
7. You ask, "What fan I do?" Answer- KickAss Fans are the best on the market. I highly recommend them.
8. You ask, "if you have any ideasssss tell me." Answer - Maybe post a link to a YouTube video. That would help, because it's little hard to follow your description.
I think he is using Google translator to write his sentences...as he is from Italy. Try to respond in kind B3.

B3 è un uomo triste che ha dovuto vendere la sua Porsche per comprare una moglie una prius. Guarda anche il mio piccolo pony ed è un pelo segreto.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:43 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,673 Likes on 923 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalashnikov
B3 è un uomo triste che ha dovuto vendere la sua Porsche per comprare una moglie una prius.
Prius? hahaha... over my cold dead body my friend!
Old 04-24-2017, 03:09 PM
jovi75
Intermediate

Hi guysssss

well let me explain...the mistakes are due to my damned iphone with a T9 set to italian.
Sorry ah ah ...below the answers thanks guys.

- Yes , to shot the video we need lights and so to avoid problems with my battery we had let it at min rpm.
- Yes , this is my rock band - the new video is with 10 girls + a subaru impreza/jaguar/myporsche 996 C2 - that dance Hip hop )).

-YES A SMALL QUANTITY ; BUT I'M ALWAYS WORRIED OF PROBLEMS WITH COOLANT so i check level and quality every time that i use the car. I had bought a new tank-cup so when i had changed it i had re-done the level - maybe i exceeded the right level.

- ah ah ah COOLANT.

-NOT ME , my car .

-after the shoot of the video i've taken my car and i've driven it for 50 km.

- my problem IS THAT I HEARD - A GRRR ( LIKE A BEARING THAT IS GOING ko ) only when the rpm's of the motor are lowering to the minimum.
I suppose that the noise come from the pump. My car has the Lkw Ims bearing modified, thermostat new - water coolant level is OK.
I've an electronic sthetoscope - for automotive - i think on saturday to do some checks on all the bearings of the belt. I hope it's not a chain/ims problem.

Thanks Guys
Bongi
Old 04-24-2017, 03:11 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you had AC running...that's the condensation on the ground.

And BTW, I know 996's interior isn't great. But calling it a box, will cause some people in here to cry...especially JI.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:24 AM
jovi75
Intermediate

Default Doubts

yes..... may be for the coolant a small crack in the tank.... the right answer....

but my doubt is is the noise.... i have to check all the belt moved parts.
suggestions ?

bongi

Quick Reply: Mumble mumble noise at min rpm 996