Sponsored by:

Some little bits in oil filter

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 05:36 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, in my case I did immediately take action in an effort to remedy the problem. I immediately stopped driving the car, and I paid someone to rebuild the motor, including having the innards shipped to LN engineering for Nickies. One could argue about whether or not I picked the right mechanic (he had plenty of good local recommendations), but I did try!
Old 03-10-2021, 05:44 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,293 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Hubley
Well, in my case I did immediately take action in an effort to remedy the problem. I immediately stopped driving the car, and I paid someone to rebuild the motor, including having the innards shipped to LN engineering for Nickies. One could argue about whether or not I picked the right mechanic (he had plenty of good local recommendations), but I did try!
True. Guess I misunderstood that.
So it failed after he built it?

He was probably doing the best he could with the resources he had. The case too often with these engines, is that those resources, and limited direct experience simply aren't enough.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:02 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,775 Likes on 1,110 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Hubley;[url=tel:17286960
17286960[/url]]Well, in my case I did immediately take action in an effort to remedy the problem. I immediately stopped driving the car, and I paid someone to rebuild the motor, including having the innards shipped to LN engineering for Nickies. One could argue about whether or not I picked the right mechanic (he had plenty of good local recommendations), but I did try!
Sometimes it’s just bad luck. I’d rather go through what you went through on an engine than have a replacement heart fail after taking corrective action.

Quick Reply: Some little bits in oil filter