Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   Just wanted to say hello (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/963224-just-wanted-to-say-hello.html)

groovzilla 11-18-2016 12:25 PM

Just wanted to say hello

Been a long time since I've posted on RL.

Some of you may remember I sold my 3rd C4S in August and used the BAT auction site - It was a very successful venue.

My Mom lost her battle with cancer and passed away October 21st. I posted some info regarding her condition back in May with the news that her cancer returned and spread - I was in a real funk and decided to sell my car because I knew I wouldn't have the time or desire to use it.

I received some very informative feedback from a few doctor members here and appreciate the information.

When it is someone you love, it is hard to imagine that person gone and you do everything in your power to ignore or not take seriously the fact that they will disappear from your life forever.
It has been really tough and other issues have surfaced regarding my Mom's trust/will so lots to deal with for the next 6 months.

All the best to everyone and I'll be back in a Porsche at some point in the near future.

ZuffenZeus 11-18-2016 12:46 PM

Hey Groov, man we've really missed you. I empathize with you - my wife and I have been going through the same thing last month. I understand more about love when you hold your wife for hours at a time as she cries uncontrollably. If it wasn't for all our friends and family keeping us in their thoughts and prayers, I'm not sure we would have bounced back so soon this close to Christmas. God bless and hope to hear from you soon.

Gulliver 11-18-2016 12:53 PM

Hey Groov, hang in there. I know you're going through some rough stuff. Hope to see you back around here soon!

5CHN3LL 11-18-2016 01:04 PM

Sorry to hear that, man.

dporto 11-18-2016 01:05 PM

Condolences on your loss. We can never imagine the effects when someone "disappears from your life forever". Hopefully you can remember the positives and let go of the negatives - especially as they pertain to the trust/will... Life's too short! Get back in the drivers seat soon :rockon:

gnat 11-18-2016 01:20 PM

That sucks, sorry to hear that Groovy :(

Sounds like it's time to start your next Grey/Black C4S search to take your mind off things. ;) :D

wildbilly32 11-18-2016 01:31 PM

Groov: Was just thinking about you this week...wondering. Sorry for your loss. I have lost both of my parents as has my wife, it is never easy. Unfortunately tomorrow is not promised for any of us. As said above be grateful for the time you had with her and remember the good times. She will always be in your heart.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

kromdom 11-18-2016 02:26 PM

Please accept by deepest condolences :( Prayers and best wishes for you/family/friends.

DBJoe996 11-18-2016 02:39 PM

Very sorry to hear about your Mom. Condolences, prayers and best wishes for peaceful resolution to all you have to deal with. Been there, done that with my dad and wife's mom. It's tough to get through, but you will.

johnireland 11-18-2016 02:45 PM

Be well and in time rejoin us, with our without the car. In many ways the people we love never are completely gone. Many times my father shows up in my dreams...and my home is filled with memories of my mother. And of course your love for you mother will never die.

Sneaky Pete 11-18-2016 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by johnireland (Post 13754780)
Be well and in time rejoin us, with our without the car. In many ways the people we love never are completely gone. Many times my father shows up in my dreams...and my home is filled with memories of my mother. And of course your love for you mother will never die.

Well said and true! Sorry Groove.

FRUNKenstein 11-18-2016 11:27 PM

Good to hear from you Groov - thanks for checking in. Time heals. As others have said, try to remember the good. I lost my dad when I was 13 back in 1977. I still think about him often and have a picture of him standing next to his race car hanging on my wall. He was far from a perfect human being, but that picture makes me feel good whenever I pause for a moment to look at it.

dan_189 11-18-2016 11:30 PM

Really sorry to hear mate, condolences and hope you're doing okay

J Berk 11-19-2016 07:57 AM

Groov....sorry for your loss!!!

JTT 11-19-2016 08:42 AM

Hang in there Groove. I lost my Dad to cancer 17 yrs ago. I'm not a religeous man, but I never feel he's gone completely from my life as he is in alwas in my thoughts and influences my choices and decisions on a dialy basis.

Im now facing thta my Mom wont be around a lot longer but knowing they will always be with me helps.