Sponsored by:

Back in the saddle!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 09:23 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 5CHN3LL
The Germans have been reluctant to overplay white since the mid 40's.
When we were ordering ours there was another customer at the dealer that was apparently in a year long battle with Porsche AG as they wanted both the interior and exterior white via the PTS and custom leather color options. Porsche was refusing on the grounds that the white dash would cause dangerous glare and reflections. Don't know whatever happened.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:43 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by trident82
Haha, that's what I thought...but he didn't put a cute little emoji indicating that he wasn't for real

Honestly, I like any 911 I've ever seen....some colors just accentuate the lines better imho.

Saw a 04 C4S in white in person recently, and it was damn good looking. White seems pretty rare.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:08 PM
jz993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, lotsa responses! Thanks everyone.
Eddie:
I paid full ask of $26k. I'd been looking since mid-August, and IIRC, he started out at 32k around then. It failed to bring 25 on eb recently.
The best deals I missed on C4S's were a nice red/blk one in WA with ~80k on CL, asking $25! I called within hours of the listing, but it sold locally in 2 days. It did not have IMS done.
Another in TX, blue/s.beige, ~80k, new tires, no IMS, on Rennlist @ 26.5, sold in a couple weeks, while I was checking service records.
Funny about the color combo. When I set out, I was adamant I wouldn't buy silver/blk since it's so common, and I like to be different. Esp. the black interior. I saw only one prospect in Phoenix of any kind that whole time. But I also realized that black conceals wear the best, and matches the easiest if replacing leather, and I'm looking at 12-14 year old cars.
So you could say that I "settled", but I'm not the type to look for years for the "perfect" car. It's too late to order one to spec! I'm very happy with my car, esp. the interior, which looks like a much newer car.

Quick Reply: Back in the saddle!