Durametric Only Recognizes Engine and Alarm Modules

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 05:26 PM
CJWessing
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Durametric Only Recognizes Engine and Alarm Modules

Hey guys,

Got an ABS warning light today so I hooked up my Durametric tool, and it's only able to connect to the Engine and Alarm modules. So now I can't connect to the ABS module to check the error. Here's some other information that may help:
- Passed a smog check yesterday (he hooked up to the ODB2 port, maybe messed something up?)
- Durametric has worked in the past (reset airbag light for seat belt issue)
- Last time Durametric worked I was running Windows 7, now running Windows 10 (going to try reverting to Win 7)
- I also tried the various ABS options at Durametric startup with no luck

Any ideas what the problem may be? My car is a 2002 Targa, manual trans with ~88,000 miles. I got the Durametric to avoid trips to the dealer, but it doesn't help much if it can't connect to anything! =)

Thanks!
Chris

Last edited by CJWessing; 09-17-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:41 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

Reach out to Durametric support. When they tell you it's your car and not their equipment, tell them you tried it on a friends 996 and had the exact same problem. They may be able to fix it with a firmware update. But bottom line is your K1 channel (engine and alarm) is functioning properly but your K2 isn't. It's a common issue with them.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:49 AM
CJWessing
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the response. Working on the issue with Durametric tech support, they've been very responsive so far. They said they've seen the issue with '99 models, but not in newer cars. Tried reverting to the same software and firmware version I successfully used in January to reset an airbag light, but doesn't seem to be working yet. Will let you know how it plays out!

-Chris
Old 09-21-2016, 10:28 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 700 Posts

Right click on the icon for the Durametric software and either run as an Administrator in Windows 10, or change to run in a compatibility mode.

Quick Reply: Durametric Only Recognizes Engine and Alarm Modules