Sponsored by:

Track Day in New Jersey Friday Sept 23rd

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 10:38 AM
ejdoherty911
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Track Day in New Jersey Friday Sept 23rd

I'm heading back out to New Jersey Motorsports Park to drive the Thunderbolt road course on Friday, September 23rd.

If you are in the area I think the introductory program they offer is the best way to get your car out on the track without the pressure of competitive driving or a lot of preparation for your vehicle.

How much? $175
Who is this for? The paced laps experience is for those who want to experience the speed of New Jersey Motorsports Park, but don’t have previous on-track experience or who just want to drive fast around the track in a more relaxed group of drivers. There are 3 driving groups (beginner, intermediate, and advanced). I run with the beginner group because it's plenty fast for me and I'm just out there to have fun.

Drivers take part in a full day of performance driving education including classroom instruction and (4) 20-minute sessions on track, led by the official NJMP pace car. Each session will build on the previous, progressively increasing speed and frequently exceeding 100 mph. by the end of the day. (it will exceed 100mph on the straights immediately if you so choose)

What should I bring? Participants must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes, in addition to a helmet rated Snell M or SA 2005. Helmets are available for rent on a first-come, first-serve basis.

- change your oil
- flush your brake fluid if it's over 2 years old; at the very least bleed your brakes
- brake pads should be 50% or more

That's all you have to do (the bare minimum anyway) to get out on the track. This isn't racing, it's just driving very fast. The facilities at NJ Motorsports Park are excellent and the entire event is very well organized. Believe me, it will be an intense driving experience for anyone who doesn't have a lot of track time.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:59 AM
RangerRick
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow, I haven't done a track since Road Atlanta, where do I sign up at? or do I simply just show up? Thanks for sharing amigo :-)

Quick Reply: Track Day in New Jersey Friday Sept 23rd