Quick review - Suncoast 'upgraded' Targa Shade

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 01:35 PM
keviha
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Quick review - Suncoast 'upgraded' Targa Shade

Hello!

I've been signed up as a forum member since 2009...long time lurker with no posts....and haven't owned a Porsche until April 2016. I had no idea I was such a patient person - ha!

As my first post....I wanted to share a review I just posted on Suncoast regarding their 'upgraded' Targa sunshade. As you'll see below...I needed a new one for my 03'....I thought about having the giant sunroof coated..but didn't want to take a chance in damaging...and instead focused on finding a sunshade that did a better job than the original. Well, the one at Suncoast did just that....and I couldn't be happier with results!

Cheers!

I live in Sacramento, CA where summertime temps get well into the 100's. My original sunshade in my 03' Targa broke which gave me incentive to find a replacement sunshade that offered more sun / heat protection. I stumbled onto Suncoast solution...and now that it's been installed, all I can say is what a difference it makes! Very little light gets in thru the sunshade and consequently the greenhouse effect is also cut way down. It's a direct fit and looks / performs OEM. It's not cheap, so unless you daily drive in hot climate you might not want to replace a perfectly performing one. However, if yours is broken or tattered, I wholeheartedly recommend putting one of these in....you won't be disappointed!
Old 07-01-2016, 01:39 PM
keviha
Instructor

For those who may be interested....link to Suncoast upgraded targa shade.

http://suncoastparts.com/product/99756240500.html
Old 07-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

Great first post. And second too! Try not wait another 7 years for the 3rd one though. Glad to have you participating.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:34 PM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Please post pictures of your Targa. I have a thing for Targas but don't have the keys to one
Old 07-02-2016, 03:29 PM
keviha
Instructor

Here are a couple of shots on the sunshade - not the best pics.

Suncoast sunshade doesn't completely block the sun....but it's a huge improvement

Not the best shot...does show how dark the sunshade.

I'll be changing out the rims to Carrera ones that would have been on the car. For better or worse...I'm a bit of a stickler on originality. :-)
Old 07-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The oem shade is useless, drove me crazy. Nice to see an upgrade. I wish there was a blackout shade, that would be perfect.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:23 PM
DrMEMS
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How about a sun visor that can be moved to the side?

So we have a decent solution for too much light making it past the stock 996 Targa roof shade. I'm buying one now.
How about a replacement for the tiny sun visors that only swing forward? In the coupe and (I think) in the cabriolet, the visors can be unclipped from one hinge and swung over to cover the side window to block sun from the side. I've been trying make a work-around, but no luck so far. A visor with an extension would be even better. Does anyone have such a solution?

Quick Reply: Quick review - Suncoast 'upgraded' Targa Shade