Sponsored by:

Good market for used Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 09:25 AM
sly
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good market for used Porsches

For those of you who are in the market for a used Porsche, get the September edition of excellence magazine. There's a great article in there that lists the selling prices of 911s and Boxsters, and shows the depreciation of the various models over the past few years. The author of the article points out that this is a great time to buy a used 996 because there's a large supply of them and a soft demand. Apparently Porsche sold a large number of 996s in 2000 and 2001 when the economy was still booming, and these cars are now being sold or traded in. Although the economy has improved in the last six months, there still aren't enough people out there willing to pay top dollar for used 996s.

Knowledge is power and knowing the selling prices of various Porsche models will help in negotiations. One example for a '02 C4S: in excellent condition the average price is $66950 and in poor condition the average price is $43986. Apparently it pays to keep your car in excellent condition.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Bucket_hat_Loren
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe this to be so as well but offer this as a point of comparison:

Bought my 00 C2 cab used (25K miles) for $63K, private deal, uncertified 2 years ago. Sold it last week for $52K. Buying an 03 C2 cab (10K miles) for $68K certified from a dealer. Cars similarly optioned and exactly the same colors. Slightly better, but seems pretty consistent to me. I don't think I'm paying too much for the newer car - unless someone out there wants to offer me a better deal to buy theirs!

Quick Reply: Good market for used Porsches