Cuda911
Race Director

Received 440 Likes on 283 Posts

^^^ I'm not surprised.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:32 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,418 Likes on 2,693 Posts

and as a long time aircooled owner, 911's, 964, 2 993's, i can say that the 996 whether NB or C4S drive really well and are great touring cars - drivability of the 996 is awesome.

and i've been told by friends who have 997's that the 996 has a better road feel
Old 03-23-2016, 01:31 AM
Dogote
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
and as a long time aircooled owner, 911's, 964, 2 993's, i can say that the 996 whether NB or C4S drive really well and are great touring cars - drivability of the 996 is awesome.

and i've been told by friends who have 997's that the 996 has a better road feel
That's what I am hoping for. I used to drive Alfas. Had a Berlina, a GTV 6, and an Alfetta GT. Great touring cars too. One of my best memories in the Berlina was chasing a 911 through the Eastern Oregon backcountry. I ended up talking to the driver and he was on a day trip with an empty car. I was on a two week journey with my wife, 3 big dogs, and camping gear. He was amazed I kept up. I was amazed I had to drive so hard to keep him in sight. I wanted a 911 ever since, but still have a fondness for old Alfas.

I can't enjoy an old car much right now. Between bikes and airplanes there isn't the time or money. But a 996 fits the daily driver bill, and is a soul inspiring sports car. I fully intend to take trips in it. I often cover other helicopter bases all over the NW. Usually in pretty cool towns like Missuola MT. I think I can get my travel tool kits squeezed into the trunk and rear seat. I'm hoping 75 pounds in there wont kill the handling too much. I'll keep my lifted Jeep Wrangler 4 door, but I 'll be happy to not have to force it along on 5 hour drives.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:28 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

I love old Alfa's too - They are similar to the early 356 "C" cars as far as road feel.
Try and check out that C4S in Kennewick - I think you guys could work something out and you'll be real happy.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:53 PM
Dogote
AutoX

Originally Posted by groovzilla
I love old Alfa's too - They are similar to the early 356 "C" cars as far as road feel.
Try and check out that C4S in Kennewick - I think you guys could work something out and you'll be real happy.
I sent him a PM a couple days ago, no reply yet. Maybe he doesn't look at Rennlist often? I was ready to buy, now that's been put off until the middle of April. Not too long, most Porsche seller are not in that much of a hurry anyways.

I found some pictures of his C4S on the forum, it is EXACTLY what I want. 100K miles doesn't bother me either. But by some of his posts, it appears he has not taken care of the IMS bearing. That does bother me, but if it hasn't broken, it in 100K miles, it is unlikely to break before I can get to it.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:54 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

he mentioned selling for $21-$22K - i'm sure he'll understand the IMS concern - for that price, throw in a clutch and have $25K invested with fresh bearing/clutch - he also has 2 sets of wheels - i have his PH# in my text messages and can search it if you don't hear from him.
and like i said, he is searching for his 997 and not in hurry to sell until he has the 997
Old 03-23-2016, 10:58 PM
UK2
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Dogote,

I sent you a reply the other day, but it looks like you'd sent me a Visitor Message and not a PM. I didn't know there was such thing!! Anyways, as Grovzilla states my car is very nice example and has a good comprehensive service history. 3 owners and 104K miles. New dealer installed gearbox, clutch, RMS and cardan shaft at 50K. In the last three years during my ownership - new engine mounts, coolant tank, window regulator, door locks, inner/outer tie-rods, all fluids - a lot of common things replaced apart from IMS. The car runs real strong, it's on new tires, and is very clean! Seal Grey, black full leather with sports seats, Sport Techno's, design package, etc. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss details.
Here's some pics...
Attached Images      

Last edited by UK2; 03-24-2016 at 09:15 PM. Reason: .
Old 03-23-2016, 11:46 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

hope it works out for the both of you
Old 03-24-2016, 04:07 PM
CYTH
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple Black
That is your opinion. I agree that the C4S is a great looking 996 but many of us love the C2 and think it is a better performer - same engine, lighter, and RWD make for great performance, especially on track. The C4S originally came with better brakes and suspension, but those can be upgraded.
Agreed....X 2
Old 03-24-2016, 05:21 PM
roadblock
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UK2
Hi Dogote, I sent you a reply the other day, but it looks like you'd sent me a Visitor Message and not a PM. I didn't know there was such thing!! Anyways, as Grovzilla states my car is very nice example and has a good comprehensive service history. 3 owners and 104K miles. New dealer installed gearbox, clutch, RMS and cardan shaft at 50K. In the last three years during my ownership - new engine mounts, coolant tank, window regulator, door locks, all fluids - a lot of common things replaced apart from IMS. The car runs real strong, it's on new tires, and is very clean! Seal Grey, black full leather with sports seats, Sport Techno's, design package, etc. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss details. Here's some pics...
that looks fantastic - BUY IT - BUY IT - BUY IT - CHECK OUT THAT BASE-

Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
Old 03-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Dogote
AutoX

Originally Posted by UK2
Hi Dogote,

I sent you a reply the other day, but it looks like you'd sent me a Visitor Message and not a PM. I didn't know there was such thing!! Anyways, as Grovzilla states my car is very nice example and has a good comprehensive service history. 3 owners and 104K miles. New dealer installed gearbox, clutch, RMS and cardan shaft at 50K. In the last three years during my ownership - new engine mounts, coolant tank, window regulator, door locks, all fluids - a lot of common things replaced apart from IMS. The car runs real strong, it's on new tires, and is very clean! Seal Grey, black full leather with sports seats, Sport Techno's, design package, etc. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss details.
Here's some pics...

I just replied. Didn't know there was a difference between visitor message and PM. Never heard of that, and this isn't my first forum.

I LOVE your car. We'll see, it might be my next car. Perfect model, perfect color, perfect options.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:17 PM
VivG
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by UK2
Hi Dogote,

I sent you a reply the other day, but it looks like you'd sent me a Visitor Message and not a PM. I didn't know there was such thing!! Anyways, as Grovzilla states my car is very nice example and has a good comprehensive service history. 3 owners and 104K miles. New dealer installed gearbox, clutch, RMS and cardan shaft at 50K. In the last three years during my ownership - new engine mounts, coolant tank, window regulator, door locks, all fluids - a lot of common things replaced apart from IMS. The car runs real strong, it's on new tires, and is very clean! Seal Grey, black full leather with sports seats, Sport Techno's, design package, etc. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss details.
Here's some pics...
Gorgeous car, I love the sport technos. Is that the new Southridge hospital in the background? Looks snazzy.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:12 PM
UK2
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll email you Dogote and we'll take it from there.

Yes VivG, that's the new Southridge hospital and you're right...it is quite snazzy. There's a lot of new developments in Kennewick.

Quick Reply: New here. Shopping for 996.......