Sponsored by:

german engine repair with 35.000km warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 11:55 PM
floflodr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default german engine repair with 35.000km warranty

im german myself, thats why i looked on the german ebay and found the listing below, these guys do a complete engine overhaul where they replace and modify the pistons and replace the orignal cylinders with iron cylinders just like the turbo engines are made, wich dont suffer of the problems the regular 3.6 engine suffers from.

has this company every been discussed on here, and does anyone know someone in the USA that can do the same job ?
they offer 35.000km on the engine and they are tuned to up to 800hp, sounds like with regular day by day driving this engine should be lasting a long time, please give me any thoughts.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Porsche-Motor...cAAOSw37tWDsRP
Old 03-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Mark I
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Not taking a position here; only responding to your request for "thoughts": The steel cylinder sleeves are offered by MB Motorsports, a vendor here. The Luedenschied based operation from your link offers it confidently, with a stated demonstrable record of success. However, LN Engineering, Hartech and Flat Six reject it as unreliable because of ductility issues & the dissimilar metals reacting differently with temperature changes, resulting in slip or spin. Their positions are also based on stated experience and with confidence. Not sure which "turbo engines" with "iron cylinders" you are referring to. I'm also curious why the Lüdenscheid company doesn't describe in greater detail the attention to the intermediate shaft as part of the rebuild, other than to say it is modified. Again, not taking a position here, the Lüdenscheid Co. say they have a time-tested "breakthrough" resolution re cylinder sleeve replacement. Someone much smarter than me could perhaps be more illuminating on the subject.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:05 PM
floflodr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it definitely sounds interesting, they are not referring to the turbo engine, my mistake they modify the engine the way a gt3 engine is built, unfortunately i dont know too much technical details, i just have a blown 3.6 engine and im looking for the best LONG LASTING solution i can find !!

im located in the dominican rep, there is only one porsche dealer, the mechanics there are not aware of the IMS issue at all, just saying.

my engine only lasted 40.000km the car is beautiful in perfect condition, thats why im really looking to get a new engine and keep the car for a long time.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:04 AM
ltusler
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 55 Posts

If you can get a short block without a core.
If the rest of you engine is usable to finish the short block.
If you are able to do the rest of the work.
Then it should be worth a try.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:12 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

I would contact them for far more details before sending them a dime.

Their description is marketing bull****, I want detailed info about these breakthroughs, modifications, etc
Old 03-02-2016, 07:03 PM
ltusler
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 55 Posts

^ this too!

Quick Reply: german engine repair with 35.000km warranty