Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

WTF here is selling their used IMS Bearing on ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

You thought that comment by JayG was bad? Wait until you hear him pushing his Frunkenberg joke.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:16 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
The tongue in cheek statements prompted a PM to me from someone asking if they could reuse an IMS Bearing, hence resulting in my comments here.
Wow. I'm sorry if I offend whoever asked you that question, but wow!

If you know enough about the IMSB situation to know who F6I and Jake Raby are, how do remotely consider installing a used IMSB as a plausible option?

I get this slime ball on eBay possibly screwing over someone that doesn't know anything more than "OMG! IMSB! MUST SWAP NOW!". But if you've done the least bit of research to find out why people panic about it, how could you conclude installing a used one is better than just keeping what you've got already?

Old 03-03-2016, 12:20 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Ha ha, Jay, you got in trouble! You live in San Diego - haven't you learn not to taunt the United States Marines? Learned that first week of boot camp. Even as an O-6, I still got nervous around a Marine Corps Gunny.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:35 PM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
The tongue in cheek statements prompted a PM to me from someone asking if they could reuse an IMS Bearing, hence resulting in my comments here.

The IMS Solution is my invention, but its not my product.

That said, what I sad was not a sales pitch, even though you people always feel that a post is only made for monetary purposes on this forum.

I was merely stating from a technical perspective that the plain bearing design of the IMS Solution is the only IMS Retrofit product that can be extracted, and reused.

Again, the member who PM'd me this also asked that question. I replied here so others could see my response. That was clearly a mistake. So much for answering someone's question directly. Its all an advertisement, isn't it?? Funny, I don't even sell the product that I supposedly tried to "pitch". Amazing.
I really don't want to pick a fight with you Jake, but you can't have it both ways

Yes you did invent a great product, but it is a PRODUCT!. Maybe you don't manufacture it. You do however promote it ( as you should) and sell it

It is never a mistake to answer a question directly. It's not the message, it's how you present it that makes it sound like a sales pitch and you do sell it at F6I

Please don't get your knickers in a twist and stop posting. You are a valuable brain trust and a valued contributor
Old 03-03-2016, 12:42 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JayG
It is never a mistake to answer a question directly. It's not the message, it's how you present it that makes it sound like a sales pitch and you do sell it at F6I
Name:  sP6MB.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  86.2 KB

F6I doesn't sell the Solution. The only way to get one from them is as part of an engine build.

Even still, he is a paid sponsor of the forum and thus has every right to pimp his products (which would be engine rebuilds and classes) if he chooses to do so.

Personally I don't think he did here as I read it as a comparison of how the two bearings differ.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:20 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
Personally I don't think he did here as I read it as a comparison of how the two bearings differ.
This is how I perceived it too but us old timers that's been around long enough are too desensitized by having read his older posts that did sound like a sales pitch all the time. Trust me(us), he's toned it down by 1000% compared to the old posts.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:28 PM
dgi 07
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by JayG
I really don't want to pick a fight with you Jake, but you can't have it both ways

Yes you did invent a great product, but it is a PRODUCT!. Maybe you don't manufacture it. You do however promote it ( as you should) and sell it

Please don't get your knickers in a twist and stop posting. You are a valuable brain trust and a valued contributor
We sell zero products here at retail, or even wholesale offering. This morning someone PM'd me wanting to buy some used coil packs that we have hundreds of that are good. I told him I'd send him some, but I have no way to sell them to him. I'm like to just give them to him, because he isn't a dick thats busting my ***** all the time, saying I'm a salesman in every post.

We INSTALL the IMS Solution only. No where in my "sales pitch" did I state "Send me your car for the IMS Solution". Here thats the only way you can buy it, and even then, I must buy the product from a distributor, just like every other shop in the world. My part of that has been over for years now, I have zero to do with it, in any capacity, and thats how a developer should work. I invent, then develop, then hand it off to someone with more patience to deal with people than I have.

Selling things is the part of this business that I hate, thats why I closed the online store in 2011 and haven't sold a single part since then. If I'd allow parts to be sold, and wanted to deal with the nightmares of having a sales team things would be twice as profitable here, but none of that matters to me. I just want to be left alone, and be able to say "call the person you bought it from". That means more to me than anything, and each week I feel stronger and stronger about this. When we sold parts people would take advantage of the scenario, just so they could demand assistance, and they'd complain if they didn't get exactly what they wanted. What a disaster.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Jake, why not just refer ppl to http://theimssolution.com/ ? That avoids all the unnecessary interpretation.

The site is very educational and contains all the technical info one needs. I always believe ppl can be educated
Old 03-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahsai
Jake, why not just refer ppl to http://theimssolution.com/ ? That avoids all the unnecessary interpretation.

The site is very educational and contains all the technical info one needs. I always believe ppl can be educated
That's marketing!!! Can't do that!
Old 03-03-2016, 02:04 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

While I agree with you, however in this case, he was just merely stating some important facts which are probably hard to find or non-existent on the ims solution site.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:08 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

But then that info can and should be added to update the site

Originally Posted by alpine003
While I agree with you, however in this case, he was just merely stating some important facts which are probably hard to find or non-existent on the ims solution site.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

Dang, is all this brouhaha gonna just fizzle out? I was waiting for a good food fight.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:16 PM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Well - technically they can reuse it, as long as the ***** haven't fallen completely out of the race.

The question becomes should they reuse it. And to that I say if you are a vendor of the IMS product, why absolutely sir - put that used $30 bearing back in your $15,000(repl cost) engine. Go right ahead, and here's my card.

(tongue firmly in cheek as well)
Old 03-03-2016, 02:23 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

But then that info can and should be added to update the site
I don't know about that. It's an interesting tidbit he offered up about the Solution, but I think having it actively promoted would conjure up even more "well then can I just reuse my old non-Solution bearing?" BS.

I trust Jake's opinion, but honestly if I had the Solution installed and had to take it out for some reason, then I'd put a new one in. Just seems a silly gamble to take in my opinion.

Quick Reply: WTF here is selling their used IMS Bearing on ebay?