Sponsored by:

Air Suspension kit for C4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 04:32 AM
Jonnymooshoo
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Suspension kit for C4S

Hi everyone. Soon to be new owner of a 2002 C4S and I'm researching what air suspension kits are available for it. The only company I've seen is AirRex but they only show a kit for the C2. Is there a kit that's made for the C4S?
Old 01-26-2016, 04:36 AM
996pp
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

why?????
Old 01-26-2016, 06:02 AM
Jonnymooshoo
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996pp
why?????
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand... but let's get real, you really don't want to know why, you're just imposing your own preferences on others.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:12 AM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice job already making friends here. He asked a valid question.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:14 AM
dgi 07
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonnymooshoo
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand... but let's get real, you really don't want to know why, you're just imposing your own preferences on others.
I understand why. And because I understand why and where you are coming from, I'll give the following advice.

You are on the wrong forum. Folks round here don't take too kindly to doing something like you are planning. You're one man, and from my short time here, I know you will not get anywhere with that question and your response.

I was once in the scene you are in and I left for my reasons. And I'm telling you, from one Air suspension guy to another, don't do it to yourself. Not here, It wont end well.

There is another forum where this question would probably be greeted with less...."disdain" for lack of a better word. Just PM me for details.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:24 AM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonnymooshoo
Well the question could have been...WTF are you thinking?....he went the reasonable route. Simple question deserves a simple answer. I'm thinking you want to hang in East LA..
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2016, 09:29 AM
dgi 07
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2016, 10:03 AM
craig001
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

It is your car, do what you want. But be sure anything you do is reversible in the future. Porsche's are a lot like Harley's. Very easy to add your own touch, albeit costly. As others have written, you will get some flames but hey, to each his own.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:08 AM
Rvca3112
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Best way to find out if they have a kit for a c4s is to email/call them directly. I've seen ((on mod bargains article "best mods for your 996")) a air bagged turbo, which utilizes the same suspension as your/our car. Best of luck with whatever you do with your car.

But like dgi 07 said, people around here tend to be more of the purist crowd. Which is nothing bad to say since it keeps with the mentality of true Porsche owners, which is a great thing. Other forums like the stance nation forum would be a good fit for questions about that kind of setup, but imo rennlist offers the best of resources when you need to find out other things about your car. I come from the Audi scene, so I get airbags and stance. But around here it will compare to asking your grandparents what they think of the new assassins creed game during monopoly night.

Best of luck to you and your future car. Don't forget to post some pictures when you get it.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:08 AM
Rvca3112
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
Well the question could have been...WTF are you thinking?....he went the reasonable route. Simple question deserves a simple answer. I'm thinking you want to hang in East LA..
LOL!!!!!
Old 01-26-2016, 11:04 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 203 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 996pp
why?????
SO HE CAN BE HELLA FLUSH BRUH

FITMENT IS EVERYTHING
Old 01-26-2016, 11:21 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 773 Posts

I fall into the camp of really not knowing what the OP is trying to achieve. My Cayenne had air suspension to raise it for off-road driving. I assume that doing this in a 911 would be for another purpose, but I really don't know. Is the goal to lower the car or raise the car? If the goal is to lower the car, then there are plenty of ways to do this with suspension kits, springs, etc.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:21 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 203 Likes on 119 Posts

I guess I'll post something useful since you will get **** on all day with this thread. Can you believe people used to pay me in college to do this to their car? Needed to bring home the ramen.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, the c4s is 4 wheel drive. Front axles take up a lot of room, so your strut would end up too close to the oem upper control arm. You may gain a tiny bit of clearance by switching to adjustable links, but I'm dubious. If you get any interference on the bag, have fun constantly changing out bags/sleeves.

While you're in the process of going full retard, don't bother with airrex. Any competent ape would realize pressure based systems are worth jack ****, because weight is going to be shifting around in your car, ergo, different pressures any time you go supplement shopping, pick up high school chicks in your hella flush ride, or take bros to the gym. Go for a height based system, the carrerra doesn't deserve to look like a lopsided ***** for the rest of her life.

Good luck in your quest for hella flushness.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:22 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 773 Posts

Oh, and one more thing:

Get off my lawn!!!!
Old 01-26-2016, 11:43 AM
mharrison
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not sure if you know the general climate here and set up an account to troll or if you are asking a legitimate question.

If you are asking a legitimate question, I have nothing to offer in the area of air suspension, but it's your car. Do what you want to do with it and ignore the crowd in here that's bashing you. I'd love to see updates on how the process of fitting the air suspension goes and see some pics of the final product.

If you're trolling...good job! Look at all the previous posts!

Quick Reply: Air Suspension kit for C4S