Sponsored by:

Out of state purchase

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
You know how many engine failures happen after a PPI? A sh*t ton.
Straight from the horse's mouth.

I would have definitely bought groovy's C4S w/o a PPI though.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:09 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubik
I would have definitely bought groovy's C4S w/o a PPI though.
Almost did, but there is a difference between buying from someone you don't have any history on and someone with a good rep. We'd trust groovy because he has been around a long time and has shown himself to be a good guy.

As an aside, I thing groovy is starting to jones for a new Silver/Black 996 C4S. He's been a bit grumpy lately...
Old 11-13-2015, 08:00 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gnat
As an aside, I thing groovy is starting to jones for a new Silver/Black 996 C4S. He's been a bit grumpy lately...
+1 Right on!
Old 11-13-2015, 08:19 PM
m3driver
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my 996 sight unseen...we'll sort of. I had my bother who happens to live in the area I purchased from take a look at it, test drive it, then in for a PPI at a dealership he has workings with. In the end, I'm happy with the purchase, I never saw the car in person until about a month and half when it showed up at my doorstep
Old 11-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by m3driver
I bought my 996 sight unseen...we'll sort of. I had my bother who happens to live in the area I purchased from take a look at it, test drive it, then in for a PPI at a dealership he has workings with. In the end, I'm happy with the purchase, I never saw the car in person until about a month and half when it showed up at my doorstep
For a second there, I thought you were sharing an M3 story.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hollywood1053
No, I'm not out of my f'ing mind.
Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean it can't be successfully done.
I've already had more PMs from people who have successfully done it than negative opinion replies to this thread.
And thanks to everyone who has PM'ed me.
They are not 'negative replies to this thread' as you call them. Simply reactions from posters to this board. I mean, what kind of replies did you honestly expect???? You go on to say "And thanks to everyone who has PM'ed me". Why didn't you just say "and f u c k to all who have posted to my question". I wonder why the people who PMed you didn't respond to the board. They were afraid they too would be blasted down by other posters. CHICKENS...
Old 11-13-2015, 10:14 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Or Hurdi they could have PMed him because, you know, that's what he asked for

I don't think it's particularly a PM style conversation as all new buyers could benefit from the wisdom and experiences being expressed, but that is what he asked for.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Or Hurdi they could have PMed him because, you know, that's what he asked for

I don't think it's particularly a PM style conversation as all new buyers could benefit from the wisdom and experiences being expressed, but that is what he asked for.
Very true GNAT...
Old 11-13-2015, 11:24 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
Very true GNAT...

For a good time pm Hollywood
Old 11-14-2015, 12:23 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,424 Likes on 2,699 Posts

Almost did, but there is a difference between buying from someone you don't have any history on and someone with a good rep. We'd trust groovy because he has been around a long time and has shown himself to be a good guy.

i think your right
Old 11-14-2015, 12:28 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,424 Likes on 2,699 Posts

No, I'm not out of my f'ing mind.
Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean it can't be successfully done.
I've already had more PMs from people who have successfully done it than negative opinion replies to this thread.
And thanks to everyone who has PM'ed me.
dearest holly - change poopy pants and read > i do caution you because i have done it - just trying to save you the pain.

purchased expensive mercedes out of florida sight unseen 7 yrs ago - me cry big time when car arrive
Old 11-14-2015, 12:41 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by groovzilla
i think your right
Recognition and acceptance are the first steps towards healing

I would like to request, however, that rather than your standard fair, pick up a black/black aero MkI C4 with full leather and sunroof delete. Then when you sell it cheap 2 weeks later, give me a call
Old 11-14-2015, 01:24 AM
hollywood1053
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
I wonder why the people who PMed you didn't respond to the board. They were afraid they too would be blasted down by other posters.
Because they did what asked - they PM'ed me.
I never asked for any opinions on the matter and damn sure don't appreciate being asked if I'm f'ing stupid. Is this clear enough for you or do I need to PM you to explain it better?
Old 11-14-2015, 01:52 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Hollywood, you've been pretty reasonable and better than most new members (in using the IMSB sticky rather than starting your own thread), but you need a thicker skin around here. We are a helpful and welcoming bunch, but we can be a pack of wolves too.

I'm also not sure that Groovy's comments were directed specifically at you. I personally read them as directed at rbc (who you can spin up by suggesting you can get a good 996TT for less than $50k ).
Old 11-14-2015, 02:35 AM
996SPECticle
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Considering an out-of-state, sight unseen purchase from a private party.
If anyone has done this, can you shoot me a PM - would like to pick your brain for a couple of minutes.
Sight unseen? How is that possible in America? Are you a Sandinista in Austin and they have knocked out all your comms?
We've driven 500 miles just to look at a car before the inteweb and if its crap leave or plop cash, sign a few things and get it home. Ive also bought 3 long distance cars ala pbay and driven them home... this one from Sea/Tac to STeX. Even after flights, lodging, a new wheel bearing, 1 tire, 1tow(AAA), gas...ya,it can be worth it. NEVER a p-car though lots of liars and lemons in that crop apparently. Another from CT to BigD in a Passat from a VW dealer(nearly screwed on that one)
Or are you talking about a pig in a poke situation?
Take the Texas forms to be signed and hope you get a friendly cnty tax agent when you get back. If you've got TX insurance you are mostly covered as soon as you *** hits the seat.
Now if your trying to broker a ppi, wire transfers, shipping, delivery and restitution then. Slow down and go to a dealer when you get a chance.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Out of state purchase