PSM Control Module fried. Replacement options? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 996 Forum
Reload this Page >

PSM Control Module fried. Replacement options?

Notices
996 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: LN Engineering

PSM Control Module fried. Replacement options?

Old 08-18-2015, 01:27 PM
Spinout
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default PSM Control Module fried. Replacement options?

I've currently got PSM woes. The dreaded 'PSM Failure. Drive to Workshop" message. My indy has had the car for a week now and had traced it to a bad PSM/SBS pre-charge pump.

He replaced that and found the control module is throwing + voltage to the pump ground which probably fired the original pump.

I'd love to be able to replace it with a used module but the Indy states it's coded to the car.

Can anyone confirm this before I send my fried unit out for a $700 rebuilt rather than using a $80 replacement part from a dismantler?

Thanks much.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:09 PM
kromdom
Super User

Originally Posted by Spinout View Post
I'd love to be able to replace it with a used module but the Indy states it's coded to the car.

Can anyone confirm this
before I send my fried unit out for a $700 rebuilt rather than using a $80 replacement part from a dismantler?

Thanks much.
Not sure if you have already done so but have you already tried checking with your local Porsche dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PSM Control Module fried. Replacement options?

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: