Sponsored by:

Anyone have street or track experience with BF Goodrich

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 04:41 AM
johnireland
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Anyone have street or track experience with BF Goodrich

G-force Rival or Rival S. Extreme Performance Summer Tire?
Old 05-31-2015, 05:21 PM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

rival's the only tire i get traction on the street.....love them.
I suspect rivalS is even better.
Never track so donno how it is on the track.

Low noise. Decent wear
Old 06-01-2015, 10:04 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

They're meant for autocross. The Rival would probably be okay on track but the Rival S would wear out awfully fast. They come up to temperature in a 60 second autocross run, so out on track it would be easy to overheat them.

They have an interesting characteristic in that they generate maximum grip at a greater-than-normal slip angle. What this means is that they respond well to being "over driven." When the tire is squealing and you're about to start understeering, normally that means you're already past the point of ultimate grip. With Rivals, that is the point of ultimate grip. I don't like it, but if you're the type of person who really beats on tires, the Rivals love it.

They are very sticky tires for sure. I know a lot of the autocross crowd is gravitating towards the bridgestone RE-71R right now. Not sure it's appropriate for track use, though.

I've driven a lot on the R1 and R1-S, and if you're going for a track-only tire you should consider those. I don't consider the Rival or Rival S to be a street / DD capable tire due to the fact that they come with only 7/32" of tread new. If you want something to drive on the street too, Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the better option.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:39 AM
G.T.
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The most recent issue of Grassroots Motorsports has a review of the Rival S and the other top-tier sticky street tires. Good read.

Quick Reply: Anyone have street or track experience with BF Goodrich