Sponsored by:

Belkin Car Audio Connect Aux/Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 09:28 PM
Brentone
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belkin Car Audio Connect Aux/Bluetooth

Have used this set-up in two of my non-P cars prior and have recently installed it in my '02 C4S with a CDR220. I thought my experience may prove useful.

I used a 3.5mm, female headphone adapter from Discount Car Stereo (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/BLAU-8-3.5F.html) that replaces the plug for the factory CD changer. You do, obviously, lose the CD changer function which I did not need.

I attached a 12v accessory plug (cigarette lighter style) to the unused phone plug behind the storage cubby.

I then attached the Belkin Car Audio Connect (
Amazon.com: Belkin Hands-Free Bluetooth Car Kit for Apple iPod, Apple iPhone, BlackBerry,and Android Smartphones, US Version: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Belkin Hands-Free Bluetooth Car Kit for Apple iPod, Apple iPhone, BlackBerry,and Android Smartphones, US Version: MP3 Players & Accessories
) to my new power source and newly created aux input.

Because the Belkin 12v power plug has a USB plug, I also added an Apple lightning plug while I was in there which I routed through a hole i drilled through the back of the storage cubby. Charging will now be possible as well.

I routed the wires, using wire ties, under the dashboard, behind the OBDII plug, around the dash and up the A-pillar to attach my mic/controller on the windshield. Paul Waterloo's Yatour install thread does a GREAT job of explaining how to fish/secure the wires and uses MUCH better pics for illustration. (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...ker-radio.html)

Last edited by Brentone; 01-17-2015 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Fat-fingered typing
Old 01-17-2015, 09:36 PM
Brentone
Rennlist Member

Next, I "turned on" the Aux input by holding down the TP button for ~15 seconds until Becker appeared on display. Then I rotated the tuner button until Aux appeared on display and toggled up with arrow button, turning Aux to "on".

Pairing is as easy as any other bluetooth device and now I have streaming audio from my phone or other bluetooth audio device as well as hands-free phone functionality (provided the radio is on and set to aux using the source button).

Quality is pretty good and for ~$50 and an hour of my time, I find it a good solution. I hope this is useful. Cheers!
Old 01-17-2015, 10:33 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice mod!
Old 01-17-2015, 11:24 PM
Brentone
Rennlist Member

Thanks, J!
C4S incoming? Exciting!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:13 AM
smorris
Instructor

Just wanted to say thank you for posting!!
Great mod, works like a charm and since I had already installed an aux in plug previously to plug in the phone it made it a 15 min job to wire in! Now it will pick up the phone in my pocket and play as soon as you hit the button... too cool!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:36 AM
Brentone
Rennlist Member

I'm glad you like it, I find it a pretty good (and very cheap/easy) solution. I like to stream Spotify and use a Kenu airframe (http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe) in my center vent to hold the phone.

One additional note...
I do, at higher volume, get a little 12v ground loop whine that could be corrected with a 3.5mm isolator. It is not significant enough to drive me crazy (yet), so I haven't done anything about it. More of an FYI and, as always, ymmv!

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Belkin Car Audio Connect Aux/Bluetooth